percocet dosages
    jeva is offline New Member

Default percocet dosages

My mother is very ill & has severe pain throughout her body. She was hospitalized for quite some time, however, when she was sent home they gave her a prescription for percocet for the pain. I have been taking care of her & she still seems to be in a lot of pain. I asked what the dosage was & her husband said that he thought the Dr. said 15mg, which really doesn't mean anything to me, so I just got on the internet & started to research. In my research I could not even find that dosage in percocet. Does anyone know if there is a 15mg of percocet or could this be another drug & they are just confused with all the meds she has been taking? Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks, jeva

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Look on her prescription bottle it should something like"5 mgs oxycodone 325 mgs tylenol.If they are 5mgs you can give her 3 every 3 hrs.If they're 10mgs you can give her 2 every 3 hours.It really depends on what it takes to make her comfortable.If she's still in alot of pain after a hour then give her another one.If a person is in alot of pain it is almost impossible to give them to much narcotic.Make her comfortable, that's what you need to do........Dave

trecrop is offline Member

If you aren't sure of the dosage, call her doctor and ask. It's better to be safe than sorry. You could also do a search on the internet.