Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shwanmartin
  • 1 Post By Veronica Stel
Natural Cure for Psoriasis
    shwanmartin is offline New Member

Default Natural Cure for Psoriasis

Hi All,

Can anybody suggest me the natural way to deal with Psoriasis. One of my friends is having problem related,and had gone through different treatments, but not got much relief from the problem.
    Please suggest.
    Thanks in advance.
    kc50 likes this.

kc50 is offline Member

That is a damn good question. I suffer from it myself.

mrln is offline New Member

My brother does too. So I made him a liniment with tumeric and glycerin and that helped him. I followed by making him a "medicated" herbal cream, with cocoa butter, banana leaf ash, tumeric vitamin e, and other herbs and its working wonders, he does not itch and the skin is clearing up.

litchi123 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by shwanmartin View Post
    Hi All,

Can anybody suggest me the natural way to deal with Psoriasis. One of my friends is having problem related,and had gone through different treatments, but not got much relief from the problem.
    Please suggest.
    Thanks in advance.
    Azadirachta indica is best treatment for psoriasis ,just mess the leaf of Azadirachta indica and put where your skin got infected ,leave it for couple minutes.Its decrease your pain.In other way you can both with water of Azadirachta indica.

herby12454 is offline New Member

Hey, have you tried using lemon juices? It is a natural moisturizer for the skin. Also try using moisturizers to keep the skin moisturized and avoid itchiness.

jackD is offline New Member

Pine bark extract - Pycnogenol 150 mg a day. It reduced mine and my brother's to about Zero.

I found this iat NIH-NLM (National Library of Med) ie PubMed.

jackD

p.s. It does all kinds of other wnderful things. My HDL is now 75.

Phytother Res. 2001 Feb;15(1)76-8.

From ancient remedies to modern therapeutics pine bark uses in skin disorders revisited.

Rihn B, Saliou C, Bottin MC, Keith G, Packer L.
    SourceMembrane Bioenergetics Group, Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720-3200, USA.

Abstract
    The effect of French maritime pine bark extract (PBE) on the gene expression profile of HaCaT human keratinocytes was studied using high density filter arrays. The expression profile of both control and PBE-treated cells was determined. Interestingly, PBE was shown to downregulate both calgranulin A and B genes which are known to be upregulated in psoriasis and various dermatoses. Thus, PBE could be considered in human dermatoses.

Copyright 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

PMID11180529[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

J29Davis is offline Banned

What about the sun and water? I know many dermatologists recoil in horror at the thought of exposing skin to sunshine without first applying sunscreen, but I heard 15 minutes of daily sun does so much to keep psoriasis under control.
    Also I know that herbal tea baths work to keep your troubled skin in good repair, but remember the hotter the water, the more drying it is. It is important to re-hydrate your skin with herbal oils during and after hot baths and showers.

myjade_84 is offline Junior Member

Sufferers of psoriasis tend to have raised levels of a fat known as arachidonic acid in their blood streams.

Arachidonic acid tends to encourage inflammation in the body, and some scientists believe that this may be an important underlying factor in psoriasis.

In the body, arachidonic acid can be formed from what are known as omega-6 fatty acids, such as those found in many margarines, vegetable oils, processed foods, fast foods and baked goods such as muffins, cakes, biscuits and patisserie.

It makes sense for you to avoid these foods. Other foods to be limited in the diet include those that are rich in arachidonic acid including dairy products and red meat.

While arachidonic tends to encourage inflammation in the body, other fats, known as the omega-3 fatty acids, tend to do quite the reverse. Omega-3 fats are found main in oily fish (such as salmon, trout, mackerel, herring and sardines) and flaxseed (linseed) oil. Interestingly, it has been noted that Greenland Eskimos who have a high intake of omega-3 fats from fish also have a low incidence of psoriasis.

Hope this would help.

Veronica Stel is offline New Member

Yoga is a great stress reducer.
    Reducing stress may help relieve the pain and itch of psoriasis plaques.

Drinking plain water helps keep you hydrated and, when you have psoriasis, being well hydrated will keep your skin from getting too dry
    Alan Shore likes this.