Menopause & Zalestra for weight loss?
    jearee is offline New Member

Default Menopause & Zalestra for weight loss?

Has anyone else used this product...it is working well for weight loss, hot flashes, energy, etc...but I'm not sure about safety...not much written on internet.

pharmd06 is offline Member

Ingredients contained in the Zalestra formulation, include black cohosh, mega soy extract, DHEA, Indole 3 Carbinol, borage oil and vitex fruit extract.

black cohosh side effects-
    bradycardia, dizziness, headache, tremors, giddiness
    hepatotoxicity (case report)nausea, vomiting. and it interacts with breast cancer medications

DHEA is a steroid analog. it is converted in the body to estrogen or androgens. this is the ingredient that is most worrysome. it will bring an increased risk of cardio vascular events such as stroke or heart attack. you may know of the risks associated with hormone replacement therapy (estrogens) in menopause and DHEA would be vary similar.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 07-29-2012 at 11:08 PM.

healthnut is offline New Member

As far as the problems with estrogen and cancer the study that scared women (Women's Health Initiative) has reveresed its findings since they were not accurate. So I don't know if you can correlate the use of DHEA to cancer.

I have used some hormone therapy to help with hot flashes etc. The vivelle dot and prometrium. They did help with my symptoms but I am still having some problems getting this new weight gain off.

I would like to try the Zalestra but would like to know more about its side effects also.

mathlewis is offline New Member

Default Menopause

I have tried Zalestra in the past and it showed a positive impact in loosing my weight.I felt satisfied with that. Weight gain during menopause is quite common and it can be lost by means of Zalestra.

joyfree is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jearee View Post
    Has anyone else used this product...it is working well for weight loss, hot flashes, energy, etc...but I'm not sure about safety...not much written on internet.
    Hey check out my friends weight loss blog, she tells me she used to use zalestra and it didnt work but told me to give you this link to show you how her new way of losing weight really works, using something called hcg pregnyl

layla111 is offline New Member

Default Try to have balance food and also follow alternative therapies

hi, I think you should try alternative therapies. and also control your food habit to maintain weight.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 07-29-2012 at 11:09 PM.

CandyMack is offline New Member

I am using Zalestra for hot flash relief and have noticed some positive changes. I can't say it has helped with weight loss as I have only been on it for about two weeks. My question is, will it react with NSAIDs. I need to start taking meloxicam (Mobic) for arthritis and need to know if the two are okay to take together.