Menopause
    jazzwit is offline New Member

Default Menopause

[V]What is out there to help relieve the symptons of the hotflashes and the sleepless nights and of course the weight gain that comes along with menopause. Auuuugggggggg!!!!!! I am 45 and found out that the ovaries have shut down. At least that is how the doctor put it. When I was in my mid 20's I had to have a parcel hysterectomy and had the uterus removed.The day I found out I was going through menopause is also a week into giving up the smokes. Still hanging in there though 73 days and counting. Is there anything on the market that will help???????????? Jennifer

JoycePaula is offline New Member

There are so many things to do to try to help hot flahes, sleeplessness and weight gain of menopause! Top of the list is to go to a naturopath for a healthy diet and herbal remedies to take to help with all of the problems. Black cohosh, dong quai et al. are just two of the herbs which you can buy on your own and try. Chinese medicine also offers remedies. Also, eating soy products, while of course very healthy for our bones, can actually cause hot flashes, so you might want to consider cutting down on those foods if you eat them at present. Best of luck!

Speed9 is offline New Member

I have recently been having problems with anxiety attacks and was also prescribed a low dose of Xanax.

A little history: I am menopausal and have been for years. I am taking NATURAL BioIdenticals (Hormone Therapy - Estrogen, Progesterone, and Testosterone) by a Compounding Pharmacist, because the synthectic ones aren't great and cause all kinds of side effects. Oh, and after being on these hormones for about 6 years I had a hystorectomy.

With that said:
    ~ When I'm having anxiety attacks I speak with the Dr. & Pharmacist and we "tweek" my hormones. (We do this as frequently as necessary. And my doctor knew nothing about bio-identicals before we started, except that they existed.) In this case I needed more progesterone. For some reason it keeps me from having anxiety attacks, but I am also very sensitive it so it has to be the right dosage.
    ~ I make sure that I take calcium magneseum with D
    ~ I started taking B-50 vitamins.
    Menopausal women should NOT just let their doctors prescribe anti-depressants or anti-anxiety meds without checking their hormones first. Blood tests are widely used, but they are NOT as sensitive as a saliva test. (Yes they are expensive, but my insurance company picked up the tab.) Don't just take your doctor's word for everything because the MAJORITY know NOTHING about balancing your hormones. They simply prescribe a synthetic drug and send you back into the wading pool of hell! - depression, anxiety, weight gain, mood fluxuations, hot flashes, suicidal tendencies, etc.

Take control of YOUR health.

L Bari

howson is offline New Member

I too had a hysterectomy in 1975 age 24, have been on HRT. One year ago I learned about Ambrotose and the other products. They have made a huge difference in my life, and I have been able to taper way back on the HRT.

Listed in the PDR for non-prescritions drugs ( Ambrotose ) has helped
    so many folks.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing old and sick is optional!

Joe & Debby Howson
    661-718-2951

MONHEIT_LAW_PC is offline New Member

Be careful with HRT if you have any risk factors for breast cancer. See: http://www.monheit.com/prempro/blog.html for up to date news stories related to Prempro Breast Cancer and Prempro lawsuits.

Michael@Monheit.com
    866-761-1385
    Michael Monheit, Esquire
    Monheit Law, PC