Meclizine
    pgarne8 is offline Member

Default Meclizine

Hi everone and thanks to all who reply. Meclizine i understand is a motion sicness medicine,but It was prescribed to my husnabd as a sleeping aid. I have been on the net seaching and i see nowhere that it cam be used for a sleep aid also.
    Has anyone used or heard of this medicine as a sleeping aid?

Again thanks for replying

Tiff28428 is offline Junior Member

[?]Im sorry Ive never heard of that for sleep aid seems like the Doc has his info mixed up.

pgarne8 is offline Member

quote:Originally posted by Tiff28428

[?]Im sorry Ive never heard of that for sleep aid seems like the Doc has his info mixed up.
    Tiff thanks I can't believe that was precribed to my husband for sleeping. Oops sorry for the spelling in the first post.
    I wonder if the meclizine even causes drowsyness,I can't believe that he asked for a sleep aid and got precribed that. Well anyways thanks again Tiff

let me geuss, it contains Diphenhydramine right? it's an antihystamine, antiemetic (that's for the nausea) and sleep aid, it depresses some slect stuff, that's how it does everything it does, even if it wasn't a sleep aid, almost all anti-nausea stuff causes drowsiness, don't be so quick to assume your doctor made a mistake.

jannamania is offline New Member

Default Mecclizine

I have been on this med for over 20 years (Antivert) but only because I have extreme vertigo. I did, however find that it did aid my sleep significantly, especially in the beginning. I have never heard of anyone being prescribed mecclizine for just sleep aid though.

Jhon Robbat is offline Banned

I not use it. You should also not use it because it is unheigenic for health. Natural sleep is the best for health.

ctivan is offline New Member

Default genus

am like to red the repliz beczue most of the people right some smart thing. best to get advise from stangers on internt.