Massage
    Aerie is offline New Member

Default Massage

I have an undiagnosed disease that causes pain. I take pain medicine and swim, stretch, and do warm-up yoga poses everyday to help with sleeping and trying to get a decent amount of ecercise in.

The problem I would like to talk about is massage. I heard it was a wonderful pain relieving mechanism and I went and had one and I believe it is. The problem is that I am wondering how many times a year to get one if I want to keep up with it as an alternative treatment, and whether or not to get it when I am very sore or not.

Thanks for your help!

-Amanda

myjade_84 is offline Junior Member

Massage is a traditional back pain treatment. Massage therapy aims to relieve pain, relax muscles and achieve a sense of wellbeing. It is meant to reduce muscle stiffness that might be responsible for the pain, and make the muscles more flexible. There are several theories about how massage might work. One theory is that it triggers the release of pain-relieving substances, so-called endorphins, in the brain. Other theories suggest that massage therapy stimulates the nervous system in ways that relieve pain.

Try having it twice a week and then find out if you feel better.

naturalnut is offline Banned

If I had my way I'd have a massage once a week lol. I can't think of anything more relaxing and therapeutic than having a massage.

LuisGilreath is offline Banned

I think massage is very good technique to remain healthy,maintain good shape of body,free from all joint pains apart from this I go to massage parlor every week and take massage from sexy ladies which also helps me to reduce my mental stress also.

mikewilson01 is offline Junior Member

Massage therapy is a process of pressing, rubbing, and manipulating the muscles and other soft tissues of the body. Usage of hands and fingers or may use their forearms, elbows, or feet while carrying out the process. One alternative of massage therapy is in my mind which is acupuncture and this is carried out with the help of fine needle which is inserted at a particular point called acupoints. In addition to this, another alternative can be the use of Chinese herbal medicine, Diet Therapy. Hope this will help us in getting some solution.

Sideffects2 is offline New Member

How about acupressure?

Veronica Stel is offline New Member

Consider massage appointments a necessary piece of your health and wellness plan. Just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn't mean it is any less therapeutic
    Getting a massage can do you a world of good. And getting massage frequently can do even more.