Lexapro leads to seizuring?
    Filly is offline New Member

Exclamation Lexapro leads to seizuring?

Hi Everyone,

When I was in middle school I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I have been on anti-depressants for 10 years (paxil, zoloft, and currently now lexapro).

I have been on lexapro the longest, and for the most part, it has worked well for me. As of right now I am taking 20 mg tablets.

You'd think that after being on lexapro for so long that I'd know everything about it...but sometimes I stretch my limit. Meaning, sometimes I might accidently skip a day and miss a pill. Usually I am fine the next day minus some slight light-headedness. If I miss two days, the side effects can be sickening.

Today I had to go pick up my medicine refill after not having pills for the last 2 days (the drug store closed early Sunday and I was out of town). Anyway, from the time I woke up till about noon, my symptoms started to become a real issue. I was having the shakes, increased anxiety, and light-headedness. I also had a hard time talking (almost like I had a stutter or stammer), and I had a difficult time texting/writing/etc. When I got home from my morning class I ate lunch hoping that it would make me feel better (it didn't) and then I just decided to take a nap before my next class. So I popped a pill of lexapro and went to go lay down (let's just say I laid in bed for a while wondering if I was about to seizure. I wasn't quite sure what was going on with my body; let's just say I have horrible withdrawls. I told my mother and she was concerned about the possible seizuring because I have been told in the past by a previous doctor that coming off of lexapro could cause seizures...I just can't believe 2 days of not taking the pill could make me feel so horrible. It definitely frightens me.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Has anyone else had a similar situation?
    Last edited by Filly; 09-20-2011 at 12:32 AM.