Kratom???
    butchy yost is offline Member

Default Kratom???

Does anybody have any experience with this? I am currently trying to wean myself off of Suboxone and am having a hard time getting below 1mg/day...is Kratom a viable alternative?

Could I switch to it and have an easier transition? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

leiito is offline Junior Member

Default Kratom, the "miracle herb" for opiate detox

I tried Kratom twice. It grows in Thailand, Burma and Malaysia and has been used for centuries when the locals ran out of opium or wanted to kick. It's also the "secret" ingredient in various herbal concoctions used all over SE Asia to "cure addicts" but it got a somewhat bad rep after a Vietnamese guy scammed the UN for a lot of money claiming he discovered a miracle drug for painless opiate detox and had some patients die on top of that.

Anyway, first time I bought it on the internet, from Holland, quite expensive, I had what was supposed to give me 4 solid highs. You can eat it or make a tea. Whatever your preference it tastes awful. What you get on the net is pressed leaves and it looks like laminated hashish. Considering I had some tolerance I popped 2 doses and felt nothing, then made tea from the rest and still felt nothing.

A year or so later I got it in Thailand, fresh leaves and chewed them and again I felt nothing. Mind you, might be my tolerance level, it is a fact that it has been used as opium substitute forever and the locals swear by it. Speaking of locals, I was smoking opium with the hill tribes and being on methadone my dosage was like 5 times theirs, they couldn't believe it, goes to show how strong synthetic opiates really are. But when opium did kick in, after about 2 hours of smoking, it was a lovely high, the kind where you close your eyes and have vivid pictures. Loved it, just kinda awkward having to smoke so much of it.

Anyway, as far as I understand it Kratom could help and help a lot, but you'd have to be on a mild opiate and/or low dosage or you just want to alleviate wds. For anyone addicted to H Kratom is probably useless, just not potent enough.

On the other hand, some people swear Ibogaine is the ******************** to kick it. I paid $1.000 for a 24 hour trip (best trip ever) followed by 4 days of total agony, worse then any wd I experienced but for some weird reason something prevented me from speeddialling my dealer. I went back to methadone then since the symptoms just didn't subside and I didn't eat or sleep for 4 days and nights , constantly in jolts and cramps I couldn't believe, only fraction of a second reliefs and then full power jolts again. Real weird stuff Ibogaine. Did help me stop smoking though and I never touched the needle after taking it so something good did come out of it. I guess the jury is out on Iboga, I talked to a doctor who's a fervent believer in Ibogaine and went to a remote jungle tribe in Gabon to study it, guy was tripping with poisonous snakes falling off the trees around him. In his opinion I had too much in my system: >>>>>>, methadone, cocaine, benzos (the latter were perhaps the reason for unsual wd symptoms, no one else I know suffered for such a long time after Ibogaine.

Try buying some Kratom from the net, do your homework (research), it might actually help if you're addicted to Imodium or in heavy wd.

Leiito

merik888 is offline New Member

Default kratom new guinea 20x is unbeatable

I have tried different strains of kratom extracts and the new guinea 20x is awesome. I used to pop a lot painkillers, mostly hydrocodone, which only lasts about 4 hours or so. Kratom 20x, feels like being on about 4 of them, plus putting you in an absolutely fantastic mood that litterally lasts all day long. It is rather expensive, about $80 for 24g, but a half a teaspoon is all you need. Taking larger doses very similar to >>>>>>. Best relatively unknown drug out there, in my opinion.

nowuccas is offline New Member

Default Kratom.

It is known to be, at the very least, habituating, and at the worst, addictive, so I recommend that, if used, this should be done for the shortest time possible, and no more than 2 weeks. I remember reading a long article about it: try your search engine, Altavista, Entireweb, Yahoo, AOL, Looksmart, or the Wikipedia & Google websites

samsonsmith is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by butchy yost View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with this? I am currently trying to wean myself off of Suboxone and am having a hard time getting below 1mg/day...is Kratom a viable alternative?

Could I switch to it and have an easier transition? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Kratom is scientifically called as Mitragyna Speciosa. Kratom is a medicinal leaf that is extract from a tree in the family Rubiaceae and is native to Southeast Asia. Kratom is fully mature tree that requires rich fertile soil and a lot of sunlight, both of which are found in abundance in Southeast Asia.

victoria stiles is offline New Member

Kratom is well known around the world for its numerous health benefits.. The leaves of the kratom are a very glossy, dark green color, which can be distilled into a thick extract for medical treatments.

Titty Puff is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heather856 View Post
    It is known to be, at the very least, habituating, and at the worst, addictive, so I recommend that, if used, this should be done for the shortest time possible, and no more than 2 weeks. I remember reading a long article about it: try your search engine, Altavista, Entireweb, Yahoo, AOL, Looksmart, or the Wikipedia & Google websites

Kratom works GREAT for withdrawal! OMG! It saved me when I ran out of high dose pain meds early, Oxycontin 60mg and Roxy's.

You will need an OTC anti-diarhea legal opiate too though. If you have CVS look for anti diarhea medicine with ONLY Loperamide HCL in it. It is the ONLY legal opiate OTC and on the shelf in the US. Nobody knows about it. It only binds to opiate receptors in the intestines. Look it up.

It will save you and get you off everything, Kratom binds to your brain receptors while Loperamide binds to your intestines. Don't expect to be able to abuse or get high off of either. I'm telling you this to help you. Try not to tell a lot of people since this is legal and it works.

Physical withdrawal will be 100% away. The only thing you have to worry about is mental withdrawal. If you can, buy some Benadryl for the anxiey and mental cravings and to sleep. This is what I did and I was 3 days clean easy. 3 days is what it takes to detox and you're done.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Titty Puff View Post
    Kratom works GREAT for withdrawal! OMG! It saved me when I ran out of high dose pain meds early, Oxycontin 60mg and Roxy's.

You will need an OTC anti-diarhea legal opiate too though. If you have CVS look for anti diarhea medicine with ONLY Loperamide HCL in it. It is the ONLY legal opiate OTC and on the shelf in the US. Nobody knows about it. It only binds to opiate receptors in the intestines. Look it up.

It will save you and get you off everything, Kratom binds to your brain receptors while Loperamide binds to your intestines. Don't expect to be able to abuse or get high off of either. I'm telling you this to help you. Try not to tell a lot of people since this is legal and it works.

Physical withdrawal will be 100% away. The only thing you have to worry about is mental withdrawal. If you can, buy some Benadryl for the anxiey and mental cravings and to sleep. This is what I did and I was 3 days clean easy. 3 days is what it takes to detox and you're done.
    still clean are ya titty puff.??

dlink01 is offline New Member

I had Kratom for a few months and absolutely hated it. I tried several kinds and found it did absolutely nothing for me nor did it have any "high" or "energy" or anything really.

I first thought it was the place I was getting it from but I tried 3 different sources and it was the same

Others obviously are different so to each his own, imo

Canned Pony is offline New Member

Kratom "saved" me from a five year addiction to pain medication. I have been clean for 18 months now. I would be happy to help anyone who has questions.

dlink01, so much of the kratom out there is ????. Finding a reputable source is key, and then trying different strains to see what works for you and your body chemistry. For example, Bali kratom is sedating, while Maeng Da is energetic.
    Last edited by Canned Pony; 02-16-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

I think Kratom is trash! Just my opinion.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

tamara evana is offline New Member

I personally choose the Maeng Da and bali kratom because it is a lot milder and you can just make a cup of tea out of it. It is not addictive because I don't do it all the time.

dsac6060 is offline Member

i have heard that kratom doesnt work at all.....how much do u take of each?
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

Quote Originally Posted by dsac6060 View Post
    i have heard that kratom doesnt work at all.....how much do u take of each?

dsac .... you are almost done with the subs. Don't mess with goofy kratom at this point. There is no reason whatsoever for you to get into that mess! May as well order some trash out of High Times magazine! God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

dsac6060 is offline Member

Robert, I am not going to take it lol.. I was just asking how much they take bc I have seen both articles talknig about it being >>>> or just plain worthless.
    We CAN and WILL do this!!!!! Have faith and stay strong

Halloweenhead is offline Member

Kratom is just another drug. Trust me - it is a road that you don't want to go down. I was addicted to it for 3+ years...nasty withdrawals with a mental component unlike any other opiate or opiate-like substance. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Halloweenhead View Post
    Kratom is just another drug. Trust me - it is a road that you don't want to go down. I was addicted to it for 3+ years...nasty withdrawals with a mental component unlike any other opiate or opiate-like substance. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing...

I couldn't agree more. I think kratom is garbage and have a difficult time seeing how intelligent people allow themselves to fall victim to such nonsense. I can understand how a person can suffer an injury or illness and ultimately find themselves dependent on RX opiates. But kratom is something that I would expect to see some kid buying from "High Times" magazine or some place like that. Total trash! God bless.

Pheonix2u is offline New Member

Thanks Titty Puff, Im trying to get off of subutex and was dreading the nasty stomach twists but didn't want to go the route of Kratom because I knew it wouldn't help with that. Going there now to at least find Loperamide hcl then doing my home work on Kratom. I've been on subutex for 12 days and cut it to 4mg on my own. Cutting it more over the next week then jumping. Benedryl has helped a ton for sleep already. Thanks for sharing this one. It wil help the few of us who check in here actually trying to get some help! Much love!