Inositol for OCD
    whiz is offline New Member

Default Inositol for OCD

My son is discontinuing zoloft for OCD and is considering trying inositol suppliment to see if it helps him. The usual suppliment is only 500mg and the dose for OCD is suppossedly 6-18g/day. It is fairly expensive as suppliments go. Any ideas about where or how to get inositol to take at this rate for a reasonable price?

almond is offline New Member

I would check online....use a search engine and type in inositol.

Also you can check out: www.vitaminshoppe.com

Good Luck and I hope this helps your son.

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

I can tell you my favorite trick, I use Glucosamine/Chondroitin, which isn't cheap either. But coupons for a lot of different vitamin and supplement products come out regularly in the Sunday Coupon inserts and you can get them through the mail by signing up at different company websites. My favorite one is Naturemade.com they have a regular customer rewards program, each product you buy comes with a code, each code you put in is worth a certain number of points, when you reach 500 points you get a coupon for $7 off any of their products, or to get the product free it is less than $7.

I wait unti my local Rite-Aid or Eckerd drugstore has a sale and offers their products as a BOGO, you can use a coupon for both, so I regularly use their $2 and $3 off coupons from the mail or Sunday inserts and take $4 or $6 off the price of two bottles, I put the codes in, and when I can get the $7 off coupon, I save that until another sale, combine it with whatever other coupon I have either $2 or $3 off, hit the BOGO sale and I am stocked for two months very inexpensively.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~