Help with Restleg Legs
    nana anna is offline New Member

Default Help with Restleg Legs

Please help me, I need some alternative relief for Restless Leg (RLS). I do NOT want to take another prescription medication for this. I need help. I know there is someone out there with some alternative treatment for this.

Carlee30 is offline Junior Member

Hi!! I just visited my doctor for the same problem and he recommended Magnesium Oxide. YOu can find it in 250mg pills and you can take 4 a day! He said this will also help with muscle aches! I hope this helps!!

Take Care

drewzzma is offline New Member

Default Your Restless Leg Syndrome

I developed RLS as a secondary disorder to my narcolepsy. It progressed to the point where it also affects my arms & shoulders as well as my legs. I do not like taking narcotics/addictive medications esp. for a condition that will last my lifetime; and my treating physician prescribed Mirapex (Pramipexole Di-HCl) in 0.25 mg tabs, one at bedtime. I was able to take that dose for over 10 yrs. without building a tolerance; and just recently he raised it to two 0.25 mg tabs, IF needed at bedtime. Within 10-15 mins., the symptoms are gone and don't bother me for about 20-24 hrs., with no noticeable side effects.

prism is offline New Member

Smile Restless Legs

Hi,

I have restless legs as well as other muscle spasms and tremors, ect. Sometimes when I need a little extra help with these types of issues I take a dose of Valerim root- comes in liquid form from Health Food stores- this is akin to Valium but is the natural form of it.

I have also used Dr. Shultz combination of herbs called "Nerves" it contains the Valerium Root along with other herbs that help to calm the Central Nervous System.

- The only drawback being that anything depressing the Nervous System can also slow your blood pressure and heartrate so it all depends on your overall health and your personal reaction to these things. Also, the herbal helps are apparently not always the same- meaning one bottle could be slightly different than the next. I've never had a problem with them, except once my blood pressure got too low because I was already taking prescription meds that depressed the CNS. My hands were pretty blue and I my chiropractor almost insisted that I go to ER. It turned out ok though and I came to understand better how these things work for me.

BEst of luck,
    prism

Daid is offline New Member

Default Magnesium is the fix you need

250 mg is right dose a few times a day, it will also help with blood pressure and migraine headaches.

PeterRabbit2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by nana anna View Post
    Please help me, I need some alternative relief for Restless Leg (RLS). I do NOT want to take another prescription medication for this. I need help. I know there is someone out there with some alternative treatment for this.
    Have you considered blood-work to see if you are deficient in any vitamins or minerals? Do you know your TSH (thyroid hormone) levels? Find the root cause and proceed accordingly, I say. If none are apparent, you may consider seeing a neurologist. He/she may be more qualified to point you in the right direction. My dad had restless legs for years until he had a brain scan and discovered a tumor. Explore all avenues.

What did I do? About an hour before bed (this was 15 years ago) I would take calcium citrate: 600mg, magnesium oxide: 400mg and zinc gluconate: 15mg; it worked for me. But I'm just an "n" of one. I didn't do it every night, only a few times a week.

Exercise (walking a few miles in the morning) has also helped me in the past.
    Peter

maryygane is offline New Member

One natural thing make your legs strong and healthy , that is massage your legs with the olive oil . it is very effective and good for your legs..

Breakeron is offline New Member

Pickle Juice, and bananas!

Works for me every time. Always.

I think i just like bananas, but drinking a cup of pickle juice will stop many forms of cramps/RLS.

Opee is offline Senior Member

Bananas, bananas and bananas. With alot of OJ. A cheap bottle of Potassium pills wouldn't be a bad idea, either. Trust me, put down 4-5 bananas a day for a few days and see of you can't tell a difference. I have a little bit of experience in combating W/D's.

Opee

P.S. They suck bad. There were times I felt like they were humming as if being subjected to low-grade electrocution. Absolutely miserable when your lrgs are tucked under a desk all day...I feel you, Man

cpmty is offline New Member

you are missing some minerals like iron, magnesium, poss. calcium, get & take some; also, put a bar of bath-soap under the bed sheets near your feet for some reason that works for many people,. tonic water ... also may help.

totallyforgiven is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Opee View Post
    Bananas, bananas and bananas. With alot of OJ. A cheap bottle of Potassium pills wouldn't be a bad idea, either. Trust me, put down 4-5 bananas a day for a few days and see of you can't tell a difference. I have a little bit of experience in combating W/D's.

Opee

P.S. They suck bad. There were times I felt like they were humming as if being subjected to low-grade electrocution. Absolutely miserable when your lrgs are tucked under a desk all day...I feel you, Man

Banana's are good for you, but would be leery of eating 4-5 banana's a day, the potassium would be good for you, but that many banana's will probably give you constipation too, lol.

NoMoreLies is offline Member

Hot baths is the only thing that really helps me! I will go through RLS phases and then be perfectly fine. Sorry you have to deal with this.

kzetmeir is offline New Member

RLS is closely associated with peripheral neuropathy. Like PN, I'd think vitamin B and B-12 would be a good long term solution. For immediate RLS pain and twitching relief go to PureBiomed.com for their body lotion.