Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Groves
  • 1 Post By smith02
  • 2 Post By samantha44
  • 1 Post By starflower1965
Energy???
  1. #1
    Sunmoon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    1

    Default Energy???

    I have low energy, I had try everything but not much seem to help. I was diagnosed with ADD and I am now on med (Adderall XR), it help a little bit but not for long. I don't want to depend on this medication all my life, so far it work but not for long and will it work in the long run? I had try few Herbal remedies but so far it didn't work for me. My goal is to gain back my energy without the help on prescribe medications or at lest little has possible. Any of you have ADD and know about a Herbal medication or anything that can help? Or you know anything that may help to have energy? Thanks to anyone who can help!

  2. #2
    Rscprincess1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Try Taking A Mulitivitamn Loaded With B-12. B-12 Is For Energy And You Can Get It In A Herbal Vitamin Form. I Had Low Energy And I Started Taking It Once A Day. Let Me Tell Yiou After About A Week Or Two I Noticed A Huge Change. And They Are No Addictive. It Is Called Once A Day For Women With B-12. Go To GNC Or A Store Simular Maybe Even Walmart. I Know GNC And Walmart Are Loaded With Various Types Of Herbal Vitamans. Read The Lables And Just Find One Loaded With The B-12. Cant Hurt To Try.

    Hope This Helps.

    I'm Not A Pharmacist Or A Medical Doctor. This Message Is Not Medical Advice Or Is It An Offer To Provide Medical Advice. All Drug I.Ds Should Be Validated By A Licensed MD Or Pharmacist. But I Do Enjoy Helping If I Can.

  3. #3
    Groves is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    2

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by Sunmoon

    I have low energy, I had try everything but not much seem to help. I was diagnosed with ADD and I am now on med (Adderall XR), it help a little bit but not for long. I don't want to depend on this medication all my life, so far it work but not for long and will it work in the long run? I had try few Herbal remedies but so far it didn't work for me. My goal is to gain back my energy without the help on prescribe medications or at lest little has possible. Any of you have ADD and know about a Herbal medication or anything that can help? Or you know anything that may help to have energy? Thanks to anyone who can help!

  4. #4
    Groves is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hope You get this information. I have MS. I have a really good source for energy. It is fresh Bee Pollen. You cannot get it at GNC. It is fresh requiring refrigeration. I purchase it at a local health food store. If you cannot find it in your area maybe you could e-mail me direct. Good Luck









  5. #5
    dizzy23 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    537

    Default

    quote:Originally posted by Rscprincess1

    Try Taking A Mulitivitamn Loaded With B-12. B-12 Is For Energy And You Can Get It In A Herbal Vitamin Form. I Had Low Energy And I Started Taking It Once A Day. Let Me Tell Yiou After About A Week Or Two I Noticed A Huge Change. And They Are No Addictive. It Is Called Once A Day For Women With B-12. Go To GNC Or A Store Simular Maybe Even Walmart. I Know GNC And Walmart Are Loaded With Various Types Of Herbal Vitamans. Read The Lables And Just Find One Loaded With The B-12. Cant Hurt To Try.

    Hope This Helps.

    I'm Not A Pharmacist Or A Medical Doctor. This Message Is Not Medical Advice Or Is It An Offer To Provide Medical Advice. All Drug I.Ds Should Be Validated By A Licensed MD Or Pharmacist. But I Do Enjoy Helping If I Can.
    Also got a Mulitivitamn with iron in it too.Hope it helps.

    Debbie

    Try to be correct!But not always successful!

  6. #6
    eugene is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    7

    Default

    i don't have ADD but I have low energy too. I have taken mutivitamins but i don't think they work.

    I think supplementing diet with more energy foods like almonds would be better.

    I used to eat a lot of almonds a while back and always had energy.

    You have just jogged my memory. I think I will go and buy a packet now!


  7. #7
    smith02 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1

    Exclamation

    You say you feel tired and take medicine (Adderall XR)
    but I think if you are going for meditation or yoga
    it may help you in a better way. Because there is various
    side effects in medicine and I am always against for
    taking medicine in my idea it will be good for you..........

    Last edited by smith02; 04-29-2007 at 01:11 AM.
    detroit_boi likes this.

  8. #8
    samantha44 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Smith,
    My reply is to not take Adderall at all -- why take meds??? Doc's prescribe it quickly and without hesitation; and it puts money into whoever is selling the medicine. Meds hardly ever SOLVE problems; they might soften some of the effects of your condition -- however, as all of us know by watching TV commercials, there are TONS of side effects. A sound body and mind will help anybody overcome whatever ails them.

    Some recommendations for ENERGY!!!

    Diet moves that can help with energy...
    * Add ground flax meal to your diet, which contains omega-3 essential fatty acids and promotes digestive regularity.
    * Add saturated fats to your diet such as extra virgin organic coconut oil.3
    * Choose complex carbohydrates that have a low glycemic index such as brown rice, raw apples, and winter squash.
    * Choose organic cage-free eggs.
    * Eat green leafy vegetables.
    * Eat foods that are rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids, such as wild-caught salmon, minimal-mercury albacore tuna, fish oil, avocado, and sprouted walnuts.4
    * Add nutrient-dense and unprocessed foods such as sprouted nuts and seeds to your diet.
    * Drink purified water throughout the day.

    Good luck and be careful with those MEDS!!!
    kimi88 and detroit_boi like this.

  9. #9
    starflower1965 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default What NOT to do to increase energy

    Do NOT take iron unless your doctor has told you need it for anemia. It can cause lots of side effects and you don't need to take it if you are not anemic or iron deficient.

    In addition, I would recommend that you not take bee pollen unless you get it locally, otherwise you won't get the anti-allergy effects that might be contributing to your fatigue.

    I would also suggest you get a workup by your family doctor to make sure this low energy level isn't coming from an underlying medical condition such as hyper or hypo thyroid disease, diabetes, chronic fatigue, or other illnesses which cause low energy levels.

    I am a nurse, so this message is not intended to diagnose or treat your problem. I am simply trying to make some suggestions as I would in the doctor's office to help you get to the root of the problem instead of guessing and spending a lot of money with trial and error. Good LUCK!
    kimi88 likes this.

  10. #10
    musman1 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Try Taking A Mulitivitamn Loaded With B-12. B-12 Is For Energy And You Can Get It In A Herbal Vitamin Form. I Had Low Energy And I Started Taking It Once A Day.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 11-08-2012 at 01:03 PM.

  11. #11
    HarrySmooth is offline Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mims FL
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Hi THere!
    I have Fatigue Problems as well, but associated with Suboxone Therapy, but Fatigue is Fatigue, I have found that l-Tyrosine has helped me immensely, I get it online at amazon but your local health food store shold have it...I use l-Tyrosine PLUS, it has additional B-6 and Vit C in it...I also use (but dont recommend it) 5-hour Energy 2-3 times a week, it REALLY helps but I dont think its very good for ya (over 3000% of your daily dose of B-12, YIKES!)...but sometimes I just dont care, I NEED to get out of that slump and just do it....And of course you know the old adage "A body at rest, tends to STAY at Rest"? Well, its a FACT!!!! Try to get out and exercise a bit, even if its just a brisk walk...Try your best not to "Veg", get out in the Sunshine and do something, anything!
    Hope this Helps!
    Harry

  12. #12
    Sideffects2 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Has anyone tried Amantadine in the low dose?

  13. #13
    JordanJones5 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Winipeg, Canada
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Yes i agree with you, this is the best option one can go for, to increase energy levels and have no side effects.

    Quote Originally Posted by smith02 View Post
    You say you feel tired and take medicine (Adderall XR)
    but I think if you are going for meditation or yoga
    it may help you in a better way. Because there is various
    side effects in medicine and I am always against for
    taking medicine in my idea it will be good for you..........


  14. #14
    janetmoore12 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Ya hi my name is Janet. I have RA & fibromyalgia a double dose fatigue. I found that ( 5 hour energy) & Powerade helps me a lot . They both have liquid forms of vitamin B's. if it works for you let us know.

  15. #15
    jaminhealth is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Thorough Thyroid WORK is critical and it took 10 yrs for me to get a dx...so many docs just don't know....

    Old days before labs, MDs gave their patients Armour for the 66 some symptoms of HypoT.....fatigue and weakenss are just 2 symptoms. Synthroid FOR ME was >>>>. j

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22