Drugless therapy
    jasmineatnight is offline New Member

Question Drugless therapy

Does anyone know anything about a device called MAD-1? It's a small electronic device that is supposed to control RLS. I believe it's out of New Zealand. I'd appreciate any info for or against.

Cookie1456 is offline New Member

Drug-free doesn't equal risk free or better then drugs. Most devices and "herbal" supplements (which are actually still drugs) do not work well at all. I myself having RLS with early symptoms even at 14 know that those devices either they work to a minimal degree or not work at all with just a placebo effect only. These 'supposed' drug free, natural, tested, and powerful stuff is just a way to be able to charge lots of money cause they try and scare you away from all drugs, granted some meds are bad but with some things like RLS it is a good thing. With RLS I would totally reccomend just talking to a doctor, and discuss possible side effects, cause RLS is pretty ********************ing awful to have. I have had great results with treating my RLS that is almost always before bed by taking a muscle relaxant/anticonvulsant before I lay down with great results and little trouble except that I am slightly dependent on them to be able to sleep right.
    Last edited by Cookie1456; 08-28-2008 at 04:56 AM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineatnight View Post
    Does anyone know anything about a device called MAD-1? It's a small electronic device that is supposed to control RLS. I believe it's out of New Zealand. I'd appreciate any info for or against.

I have read about it but no personal experience. From what I have read it seems to be having some very good results. That would be wonderful for all the people suffering from RLS if it does in fact work. I found it on Google and there is tons of info available there. Please let us know if you use it and what your experience is.

jasmineatnight is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I have read about it but no personal experience. From what I have read it seems to be having some very good results. That would be wonderful for all the people suffering from RLS if it does in fact work. I found it on Google and there is tons of info available there. Please let us know if you use it and what your experience is.
    Thank you Robert for your input. I tried searching online but all I seemed to find was info from the originators. Probably biased. I'm having major side effects from medication and I guess a drug free alternative looks good to me. My RLS is so bad that I can't even switch to meds if they take time to take effect. I guess it's the almost $190 that stops me from ordering MAD-1. If I do it eventually, I'll post how it works.
    jasmineatnight

zuzie is offline New Member

Default Mad - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    I just heard about this today from my mother who was referred to this device after she started having difficulty with medication. She has gone through Miripex, Pramipexol, and they now have her on Neurontin. A friend of here's swears by this product. I know my mother ordered it last week. I'll keep everyone posted on how it works.