Anything to make pain meds more effective?
    IfItDoesTheTrick is offline Junior Member

Default Anything to make pain meds more effective?

Hi there I am on large amounts of OxyContin and now opana for breakthrough pain and many times I have to adjust my dosage higher and higher. I was wondering if there were any herbal or homeopathic remedies to make pain medication more effective.

I know this could be a shot in the dark, but I am not having any trouble with the side effects, so that is not what I am looking for, but rather something that would possibly work with your body to make them last longer work better and kick in stronger. Has anyone out there had experience with this or heard of something that you can take.

I know pain meds work on receptors in the brain, but they all have little tricks, like with oxycontin if you eat a fatty meal they work better. It would be awesome if something existed that would work with them and my body to make them more effective and longer acting like they should be. The reason I think there is a way is because certain days they are stronger then others and I am thinking it is because of what else is in my system....

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Lol, I just suggested a high fat meal to you in your other thread! I must be on your wavelength, or it's just a coincidence.

Default ha thanks

Hey,
    I didn't see your other post, did you delete it? sorry that I have multiple threads, i just don't know yet at this point which get the most attention and the best minds.

Thanks though for all your input. I think I was dissed for asking this question.

MaisieC is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by IfItDoesTheTrick View Post
    Hey,
    I didn't see your other post, did you delete it? sorry that I have multiple threads, i just don't know yet at this point which get the most attention and the best minds.

Thanks though for all your input. I think I was dissed for asking this question.
    Excuse me? How was my comment to you disrespectful? I don't get that at all.

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

I replied in your "Transition" thread in Featured Conditions forum.

It usually is better to have one or two threads instead of multiple, it's too hard to keep them all straight, and not scatter info. It really doesn't matter which forum, the main people browse all of them, but Need To Talk is the most active.

I don't think you meant to offend anyone, and may have been misunderstood, but we don't need to use foul language here; to be taken seriously and considered by experienced educated members in the future always try and keep it clean, we're all adults, we know all the words and use them elsewhere, but it's just really unnecessary. I'm not admonishing you, just trying to convey what DDC and user etiquette is. I know you meant no harm.

Cats

Default thanks guys

Thank you for your replies and comments. Thanks for the advice and sorry for the misunderstanding.