ADD and Depression
    AndrewP is offline New Member

Default ADD and Depression

I am a 19 year old freshmen at Southeast Missouri State U. and I have been diagnosed with ADD and depressioin. I am currently taking aderal and celexa. I am wanting to know if there is a combination of medications, or a single medication that might be better for these two conditions.

phoebus is offline New Member

I have taken Celexa, along with many other meds that seemed to have some good parts to them, but some bad parts too. I would start trying one thing and it would help for a while, until the dose needed to be raised to keep the desired affect, then raised again, and again, until suddenly it got too high and we tried something else in the same manner. Watch out for merging off an old and onto a new med... If you drop the first med too quickly, you can end up with some really nasty withrawl symptoms. I have ADD, Depression, and Anxiety. I am currently taking Effexor XR. I've been on it for quite a while I think... comparatively. I think it has helped me some wih the Anxiety and Depression. I'm working soon on finding something for my ADD that doesn't make me feel all wierd. Ok. I'm half asleep now. byebye
    -Dave

antoan.smith is offline New Member

Thumbs up :)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
    I am a 19 year old freshmen at Southeast Missouri State U. and I have been diagnosed with ADD and depressioin. I am currently taking aderal and celexa. I am wanting to know if there is a combination of medications, or a single medication that might be better for these two conditions.
    I think Paxil is better , Paxil is an agent in a newer class of antidepressant medication known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Depression and anxiety disorders might be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. One of these chemicals is serotonin, which helps send electrical signals from one nerve cell to another. In the process, serotonin is released from one nerve cell (the sender) and travels to the next (the receiver), where it is either absorbed or returns back to the original sender cell.

Try to find Paxil ( Generic ) here : http://www.crpaxil.com/paxil.php

FI07 is offline New Member

Angry Need Help

Ive Got A 9 Year Old Thats Taking Concerta For Adha ,my Partner Is Taking Paroxtine For Depression Ive Just Found Out That His Been Taking My Sons Tablets What Will This Do To Him Please Help