Poisoning caused by an overdose of neatsfoot oil.
Neatsfoot oil is generally considered to be nontoxic.
- Some cosmetic products
Usually there are no symptoms
- Generally considered nontoxic.
- Call Poison Control for further information.
Before Calling Emergency
Determine the following information:
- the patient's age, weight, and condition
- name of product (as well as the ingredients and strength, if known)
- the time it was swallowed
- the amount swallowed
They will instruct you if it is necessary to take the patient to the hospital. See Poison Control centers for telephone numbers and addresses. Bring the poison container with you to the emergency room.
What to Expect at the Emergency Room
The following procedure may be performed:
- Treat the symptoms.
Note: The patient may not need to be seen in the emergency room.
Recovery is likely, because neatsfoot oil is relatively nontoxic.
Reviewed By: Cherlin Johnson, M.D., Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network.
Copyright 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc.