Fair skin cancer risks
Alternative NamesSkin cancer and fair-skinned people
Anyone who sunburns easily is at high risk for skin cancer. Other factors that increase your risk for skin cancer include:
- Freckled skin
- Blue, gray, or green eyes
- Blond or red hair
- Multiple moles
- Close relatives who have or had skin cancer
- Multiple severe sunburns early in life
- Slow, daily sun exposure (such as that received by those who work outside)
- Excessive sun exposure without sunscreen
See also: Sunburn
Reviewed By: Kevin Berman, MD, PhD, Associate, Atlanta Center for Dermatologic Disease, Atlanta, GA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M., Inc.
Copyright 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc.