Dry skin and cold weather itch
Alternative Names: Cold weather and itchy skin
Here are some recommendations for dealing with dry skin:
- Take fewer and shorter baths. When you bathe, avoid hot water.
- Moisturize your skin immediately after bathing in order to prevent the skin from drying.
- Avoid overdrying wet skin. Try patting your skin dry.
- Avoid excessive use of soap. Try a soapless cleanser.
- Don't overheat your house, and use a humidifier if you live in a dry climate.
Reviewed By: Kevin Berman, MD, PhD, Associate, Atlanta Center for Dermatologic Disease, Atlanta, GA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network.
Copyright 2013 A.D.A.M., Inc.