Amino Acid-Based Medical Food
For meeting the nutritional needs of children 1 year of age and older who need an amino acid-based medical food or who cannot tolerate intact protein; for the dietary management of maldigestion, malabsorption, severe food allergies, GI tract impairment, or other conditions in which an elemental (amino acid-based) diet is required.
- Useful in such conditions as short-bowel syndrome.
- The only free amino acid-based medical food specifically indicated for children 1 year of age and older that has been clinically documented to be hypoallergenic.
- Well tolerated.
- Clinically shown to support growth when used as a primary source of nutrition.
- One third of fat as medium-chain triglycerides, an easily digested and well-absorbed fat source.
- Stringent manufacturing standards to reduce risk of whole-protein contamination.
- Milk-protein-free; fructose-free; galactose-free; lactose-free; gluten-free; soy-protein-free.
14.1-oz (400-g) cans; 6 per case; No. 54665.
(Pareve, (u)) 53% Corn Syrup Solids, 8.9% High-Oleic Safflower Oil, 7.5% Fractionated Coconut Oil (Medium-Chain Triglycerides), 6.4% Soy Oil; Less than 2% of: L-Glutamine, L-Asparagine Monohydrate, L-Leucine, DATEM (an Emulsifier), L-Lysine Acetate, Calcium Phosphate Tribasic, Potassium Phosphate Dibasic, L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, L-Arginine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Tyrosine, Sodium Citrate, L-Threonine, Potassium Citrate, L-Proline, L-Serine, L-Alanine, Ascorbic Acid, Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Methionine, Magnesium Chloride, L-Cystine Dihydrochloride, L-Tryptophan, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Taurine, m-Inositol, Ferrous Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Ascorbyl Palmitate, L-Carnitine, Zinc Sulfate, Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Calcium Pantothenate, Cupric Sulfate, Thiamine Chloride Hydrochloride, Manganese Sulfate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta-Carotene, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Biotin, Phylloquinone, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenate, Sodium Molybdate, Vitamin D 3 and Cyanocobalamin.
PHENYLKETONURICS: Contains phenylalanine
Use as directed by physician. To prepare standard dilution of 30 Cal/fl oz (1 Cal/mL) in a 1-liter container, add 213 grams of Powder to container and add water to yield 1 liter.
Do not heat EleCare mixture. Never use a microwave oven to prepare or warm mixture. Serious burns can result.