Benadryl Allergy & Cold Caplets
BENADRYL Allergy & Cold Caplets (Pfizer Consumer Healthcare) Capsule Shaped Tablets
(in each caplet)Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Purposes:
Â 500 mg ...............................Â Pain reliever/fever reducer
Â 12.5 mg ................................................ Antihistamine
Â 30 mg .......................................... Nasal decongestant
- temporarily relieves these symptoms of hay fever and the common cold:
- runny nose
- nasal congestion
- sore throat
- muscular aches
- minor aches and pains
- temporarily relieves these additional symptoms of hay fever:
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.
Do not use:
- with another product containing any of these active ingredients
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, including one applied topically.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product:
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- new symptoms occur
- sore throat is severe
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- symptoms do not get better
- you need to use more than 10 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever occurs and lasts more than 3 days
- sore throat lasts for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea, or vomiting
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Â Â Taking more than the recommended dose may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 caplets
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- take every 6 hours while symptoms persist
- do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- store at 59Â° to 77Â°F in a dry place
Inactive Ingredients: Â Â Corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, and zinc stearate
Questions? call 1-800-524-2624 (English/Spanish), weekdays, 9 AM - 5 PM EST
Benadryl Allergy & Cold caplets are supplied in boxes of 24.
PRODUCT PHOTO(S):NOTE: These photos can be used only for identification by shape, color, and imprint. They do not depict actual or relative size.
The product samples shown here have been supplied by the manufacturer. While every effort has been made to assure accurate reproduction, please remember that any visual identification should be considered preliminary. In cases of poisoning or suspected overdosage, the drug's identity should be verified by chemical analysis.