Generic name: hydrocodone bitartrate and chlorpheniramine maleate
Dosage form: suspension, extended release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Tussionex safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Tussionex.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
It is important that TUSSIONEX is measured with an accurate measuring device (see PRECAUTIONS, Information for Patients).
A dosing spoon is provided with the 4 oz (115 mL) packaged product. One side of the spoon is for a 2.5 mL dose. The other side of the spoon is for a 5 mL dose. Fill to level the side of the spoon for the dose that has been prescribed. Do not overfill. Rinse with water after each use.
For prescriptions where a dosing spoon is not provided, a pharmacist can provide an appropriate measuring device and can provide instructions for measuring the correct dose. A household teaspoon is not an accurate measuring device and could lead to overdosage.
Each 5 mL of Tussionex Pennkinetic Extended-Release Suspension contains hydrocodone polistirex equivalent to 10 mg hydrocodone bitartrate, and chlorpheniramine polistirex equivalent to 8 mg chlorpheniramine maleate. Shake well before using. Rinse the measuring device with water after each use.
Children 6-11 Years of Age
2.5 mL every 12 hours; do not exceed 5 mL in 24 hours.
This medicine is contraindicated in children under 6 years of age (see CONTRAINDICATIONS).
- Tussionex (chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone) consumer information
- Tussionex Pennkinetic Side Effects
- Tussionex Pennkinetic Drug Interactions
- Chlorpheniramine / Hydrocodone dosage information
- TussiCaps (hydrocodone polistirex and chlorpheniramine polistirex) capsule, extended release dosage information
- Vituz Oral Solution (hydrocodone bitartrate, and chlorpheniramine maleate) oral solution dosage information