Generic name: somatropin (rDNA origin)
Dosage form: injection
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Tev-Tropin safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Tev-Tropin.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
A dosage of up to 0.1 mg/kg (0.3 IU/kg) of body weight administered 3 times per week by subcutaneous injection is recommended. TEV-TROPIN® should be reconstituted with 1-5mL of bacteriostatic 0.9% sodium chloride for injection, USP (benzyl alcohol preserved).* The stream of normal saline should be aimed against the side of the vial to prevent foaming. Swirl the vial with a GENTLE rotary motion until the contents are completely dissolved and the solution is clear. DO NOT SHAKE. Since TEV-TROPIN® is a protein, shaking or vigorous mixing will cause the solution to be cloudy. If the resulting solution is cloudy or contains particulate matter, the contents MUST NOT be injected.
* Benzyl alcohol as a preservative in bacteriostatic normal saline, USP, has been associated with toxicity in newborns. When administering TEV-TROPIN® to newborns, reconstitute with sterile normal saline for injection, USP.
Occasionally, after refrigeration, some cloudiness may occur. This is not unusual for proteins like TEV-TROPIN®. Allow the product to warm to room temperature. If cloudiness persists or particulate matter is noted, the contents MUST NOT be used.
Before and after injection, the septum of the vial should be wiped with rubbing alcohol or an alcoholic antiseptic solution to prevent contamination of the contents by repeated needle insertions.
TEV-TROPIN® can be administered using (1) a standard sterile disposable syringe or (2) using a Tjet Needle-Free injection device. For proper use, please refer to the User's Manual provided with the administration device.
- Tev-Tropin Side Effects
- Tev-Tropin Drug Interactions
- Accretropin (somatropin) consumer information
- Genotropin (somatropin [rDNA origin]) dosage information
- Humatrope (somatropin) injection dosage information
- Norditropin (somatropin (rDNA origin)) injection, solution dosage information
- Nutropin (somatropin (rDNA origin)) for injection dosage information
- Nutropin AQ (somatropin (rdna origin)) injection, solution dosage information
- Nutropin Depot (somatropin (rDNA origin)) for Injectable Suspension dosage information
- Omnitrope (somatropin) injection, solution dosage information
- Omnitrope (somatropin) consumer information
- Saizen (somatropin) injection dosage information
- Serostim (somatropin (rDNA origin)) injection dosage information
- Somatropin dosage information
- Zorbtive (somatropin (rDNA origin)) injection dosage information
- Zorbtive (somatropin) consumer information