Testosterone Enanthate Dosage
Dosage form: injection
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Testosterone Enanthate safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Testosterone Enanthate.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Dosage and duration of therapy with Testosterone Enanthate Injection will depend on age, sex, diagnosis, patient’s response to treatment, and appearance of adverse effects. When properly given, injections of testosterone enanthate are well tolerated. Care should be taken to inject the preparation deeply into the gluteal muscle following the usual precautions for intramuscular administration. In general, total doses above 400 mg per month are not required because of the prolonged action of the preparation. Injections more frequently than every two weeks are rarely indicated.
As replacement therapy, i.e., for eunuchism, the suggested dosage is 50 to 400 mg every 2 to 4 weeks.
In Males With Delayed Puberty:
Various dosage regiments have been used; some call for lower dosages initially with gradual increases as puberty progresses, with or without a decrease to maintenance levels. Other regimens call for higher dosage to induce pubertal changes and lower dosage for maintenance after puberty. The chronological and skeletal ages must be taken into consideration, both in determining the initial dose and in adjusting the dose. Dosage is within the range of 50 to 200 mg every 2 to 4 weeks for a limited duration, for example, 4 to 6 months. X-rays should be taken at appropriate intervals to determine the amount of bone maturation and skeletal development (See INDICATIONS AND USAGE, and WARNINGS).
Palliation of Inoperable Mammary Cancer in Women:
A dosage of 200 to 400 mg every 2 to 4 weeks is recommended. Women with metastatic breast carcinoma must be followed closely because androgen therapy occasionally appears to accelerate the disease.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever the solution and container permit.
- Testosterone Side Effects
- Testosterone Drug Interactions
- Testosterone consumer information
- Androderm (testosterone) patch dosage information
- AndroGel (testosterone) gel dosage information
- Androgel (testosterone) consumer information
- Axiron (testosterone) topical solution dosage information
- Axiron (testosterone) consumer information
- Bio-T-Gel (testosterone) consumer information
- Delatestryl (testosterone enanthate) injection, solution dosage information
- Depo-Testosterone (testosterone cypionate) injection, solution dosage information
- Fortesta (testosterone) consumer information
- Fortesta Gel (testosterone) topical gel, metered dosage information
- Striant (testosterone) Buccal Tablet dosage information
- Striant (testosterone) consumer information
- Testim (testosterone) gel dosage information
- Testopel (testosterone) subcutaneous pellet dosage information
- Testosterone dosage information
- Testosterone Cypionate injection, solution dosage information