Generic name: testosterone
Dosage form: Buccal Tablet
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Striant safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Striant.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended dosing schedule for Striant® is the application of one buccal system (30 mg) to the gum region twice daily; morning and evening (about 12 hours apart). Striant® should be placed in a comfortable position just above the incisor tooth (on either side of the mouth). With each application, Striant® should be rotated to alternate sides of the mouth.
Upon opening the packet, the rounded side surface of the buccal system should be placed against the gum and held firmly in place with a finger over the lip and against the product for 30 seconds to ensure adhesion. Striant® is designed to stay in position until removed. If the buccal system fails to properly adhere to the gum or should fall off during the 12-hour dosing interval, the old buccal system should be removed and a new one applied. If the buccal system falls out of position within 4 hours prior to the next dose, a new buccal system should be applied and it may remain in place until the time of next regularly scheduled dosing.
Patients should take care to avoid dislodging the buccal system. Patients should check to see if Striant® is in place following toothbrushing, use of mouthwash and consumption of food or alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages. Striant®should not be chewed or swallowed. To remove Striant®, gently slide it downwards from the gum towards the tooth to avoid scratching the gum.
- Striant Side Effects
- Striant Drug Interactions
- Striant (testosterone) consumer information
- Androderm (testosterone) patch dosage information
- AndroGel (testosterone) gel dosage information
- Androgel (testosterone) consumer information
- Axiron (testosterone) topical solution dosage information
- Axiron (testosterone) consumer information
- Bio-T-Gel (testosterone) consumer information
- Delatestryl (testosterone enanthate) injection, solution dosage information
- Depo-Testosterone (testosterone cypionate) injection, solution dosage information
- Fortesta (testosterone) consumer information
- Fortesta Gel (testosterone) topical gel, metered dosage information
- Testim (testosterone) gel dosage information
- Testopel (testosterone) subcutaneous pellet dosage information
- Testosterone dosage information
- Testosterone consumer information
- Testosterone Cypionate injection, solution dosage information
- Testosterone Enanthate injection dosage information