Generic name: minocycline hydrochloride
Dosage form: tablet, film coated, extended release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Solodyn safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Solodyn.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended dosage of SOLODYN® is approximately 1 mg/kg daily for 12 weeks. Higher doses have not shown to be of additional benefit in the treatment of inflammatory lesions of acne, and may be associated with more acute vestibular side effects.
The following table shows tablet strength and body weight to achieve approximately 1 mg/kg.
|Patient's Weight (lbs.)||Patient's Weight (kg)||Tablet Strength (mg)||Actual mg/kg Dose|
|99 – 120||45 – 54||45||1 – 0.83|
|121 – 170||55 – 77||65||1.18 – 0.84|
|171 – 225||78 – 102||90||1.15 – 0.88|
|226 – 276||103 – 125||115||1.12 – 0.92|
|277 – 300||126 – 136||135||1.07 – 0.99|
SOLODYN® Tablets may be taken with or without food (see CLINICAL PHARMACOLOGY). Ingestion of food along with SOLODYN® may help reduce the risk of esophageal irritation and ulceration.
In patients with renal impairment (see WARNINGS), the total dosage should be decreased by either reducing the recommended individual doses and/or by extending the time intervals between doses.
- Solodyn Side Effects
- Solodyn Drug Interactions
- Solodyn (minocycline) consumer information
- Dynacin (minocycline hydrochloride) tablet dosage information
- Dynacin (minocycline hydrochloride) capsules dosage information
- Minocin Injection (minocycline hydrochloride) injection dosage information
- Minocycline dosage information
- Minocycline consumer information
- Ximino Capsules (minocycline hydrochloride) capsule, extended release dosage information