Salkera Foam Dosage
Generic name: salicylic acid
Dosage form: aerosol, foam
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Salkera Foam safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Salkera Foam.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Shake Vigorously, Tap Bottom of Can, and Prime Before Initial Use. Shake Vigorously and Tap Before Each Use.
To Prime: After shaking, gently tap bottom of can onto palm of other hand or a solid surface at least 3 times. Hold the can upright, direct away from the patient, and firmly depress the actuator for 1 to 3 seconds or until foam begins to dispense. (If foam does not dispense within 3 seconds: reshake can, gently tap bottom of can onto a solid surface at least 3 times, and depress the actuator again until foam begins to dispense.) Before Each Use: Shake vigorously and gently tap bottom of can onto palm of other hand or a solid surface at least 3 times. During Use: Holding can upright, dispense SALKERA into palm of hand and apply thoroughly to affected area twice per day, or as directed by a physician. Rub in completely. Wipe off any excess foam from actuator after use. The preferable method of use is to apply SALKERA thoroughly to the affected area and to cover the treated area at night, after washing and before retiring. Preferably, the skin should be hydrated for at least five minutes prior to application. The medication is washed off in the morning and if excessive drying and/or irritation is observed a bland cream or lotion may be applied. Once clearing is apparent, the occasional use of SALKERA Emollient Foam will usually maintain the remission. In those areas where the placement of a protective covering is difficult or impossible, application of SALKERA Emollient Foam may be made more frequently; hydration by wet packs or baths prior to application apparently enhances the effect. (See WARNINGS.) Unless hands are being treated, hands should be rinsed thoroughly after application. Excessive repeated application of SALKERA Emollient Foam will not necessarily increase its therapeutic benefit, but could result in increased local intolerance and systemic adverse effects such as salicylism.
- Salkera Side Effects
- Salkera Drug Interactions
- Aliclen Shampoo (salicylic acid) shampoo dosage information
- Durasal (salicylic acid) topical solution dosage information
- Keralyt (salicylic acid) topical gel dosage information
- Keralyt Shampoo (salicylic acid) shampoo dosage information
- Salacyn Cream (salicylic acid) cream dosage information
- Salex (salicylic acid) cream, lotion, shampoo dosage information
- Salicylic Acid Topical dosage information
- Salitop Cream (salicylic acid) cream dosage information
- Salitop Lotion (salicylic acid) lotion dosage information
- Salvax (salicylic acid) topical foam dosage information