Salacyn Cream Dosage
Generic name: salicylic acid
Dosage form: cream
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Salacyn Cream safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Salacyn Cream.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The preferable method of use is to apply SALACYN™ 6% thoroughly to the affected area and to cover the treated area at night after washing and before retiring. Preferably, the skin should be hydrated for at least five minutes prior to application. The medication is washed off in the morning and if excessive drying and/or irritation is observed, a bland cream or lotion may be applied. Once clearing is apparent, the occasional use of SALACYN™ 6% will usually maintain the remission. In those areas where occulsion is difficult or impossible, application may be made more frequently; hydration by wet packs or baths prior to application apparently enhances the effect. (SEE WARNINGS). Unless hands are being treated, hands should be rinsed thoroughly after application. Excessive repeated application of SALACYN™ 6% will not necessarily increase its therapeutic benefit, but could result in increased local intolerance and systemic adverse effects such as salicylism.
- Salacyn Side Effects
- Salacyn Drug Interactions
- Durasal (salicylic acid) topical solution dosage information
- Keralyt (salicylic acid) topical gel dosage information
- Keralyt Shampoo (salicylic acid) shampoo dosage information
- Salex (salicylic acid) cream, lotion dosage information
- Salicylic Acid Topical dosage information
- Salitop Cream (salicylic acid) cream dosage information
- Salitop Lotion (salicylic acid) lotion dosage information
- Salkera Foam (salicylic acid) aerosol, foam dosage information
- Salvax (salicylic acid) topical foam dosage information