Rectiv Ointment Dosage
Generic name: nitroglycerin
Dosage form: rectal ointment
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Rectiv Ointment safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Rectiv Ointment.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Apply 1 inch of ointment (375 mg of ointment equivalent to 1.5 mg of nitroglycerin) intra-anally every 12 hours for up to 3 weeks. A finger covering, such as plastic-wrap, disposable surgical glove or a finger cot, should be placed on the finger to apply the ointment. To obtain a 1.5 mg dose of nitroglycerin, the covered finger is laid alongside the 1 inch dosing line on the carton.
Refer to carton for accurate dosage guide.
The tube is gently squeezed until a line of ointment the length of the measuring line is expressed onto the covered finger. The ointment is gently inserted into the anal canal using the covered finger no further than to the first finger joint and the ointment is applied around the side of the anal canal. If this cannot be achieved due to pain, application of the ointment should be made directly to the outside of the anus. Treatment may be continued for up to three weeks.
RECTIV ointment is not for oral, ophthalmic, or intravaginal use. Hands should be washed after application of the ointment.
- Rectiv Side Effects
- Rectiv Drug Interactions
- Rectiv (nitroglycerin) consumer information
- Minitran (nitroglycerin) patch dosage information
- Nitro-Bid (nitroglycerin) nitroglycerin dosage information
- Nitro-Dur (nitroglycerin) Transdermal Infusion System dosage information
- Nitro-Time (nitroglycerin) extended-release capsules dosage information
- Nitroglycerin dosage information
- Nitrolingual (ntroglycerin) Spray dosage information
- NitroMist (nitroglycerin) sublingual aerosol dosage information
- NitroMist (nitroglycerin) consumer information
- Nitrostat (nitroglycerin) tablet, sublingual dosage information
- Transderm Nitro (nitroglycerin) Transdermal Therapeutic System dosage information