Generic name: hydrocortisone acetate
Dosage form: suppository
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Proctocort safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Proctocort.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
For rectal administration. Detach one suppository from strip of suppositories. Remove the foil wrapper. Avoid excessive handling of the suppository which is designed to melt at body temperature. Insert suppository into the rectum with gentle pressure, pointed end first. Insert one suppository in the rectum twice daily, morning and night for two weeks, in nonspecific proctitis. In more severe cases, one suppository three times a day or two suppositories twice daily. In factitial proctitis, the recommended duration of therapy is six to eight weeks or less, according to the response of the individual case.
- Proctocort Side Effects
- Proctocort Drug Interactions
- Anucort-HC Suppository (hydrocortisone acetate) rectal suppository dosage information
- Anusol HC Suppository (ocortisone acetate) suppository dosage information
- Carmol HC (hydrocortisone acetate) cream dosage information
- Hydrocortisone Topical dosage information
- Hytone (hydrocortisone) Cream 2.5% and Lotion 2.5% dosage information
- Locoid Cream (hydrocortisone butyrate) cream dosage information
- Locoid Lipocream (hydrocortisone butyrate) cream dosage information
- Locoid Lotion (hydrocortisone butyrate) lotion dosage information
- Locoid Solution (hydrocortisone butyrate) topical solution dosage information
- Pandel (hydrocortisone probutate) cream dosage information
- Pediaderm HC (hydrocortisone) lotion dosage information
- Proctocort Cream (hydrocortisone) cream dosage information
- Proctocream HC (hydrocortisone) cream dosage information
- Proctozone HC Cream (hydrocortisone) cream dosage information
- Texacort (hydrocortisone) topical solution dosage information
- U-cort (hydrocortisone acetate) cream dosage information
- Westcort (hydrocortisone valerate) cream dosage information