Permapen Isoject Dosage
Generic name: penicillin G benzathine
Dosage form: Injectable Suspension 1,200,000 units
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Permapen Isoject safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Permapen Isoject.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Administer by deep IM injection in the upper outer quadrant of the buttock. In infants and small children, the mid-lateral aspect of the thigh may be preferable. When doses are repeated, vary the injection site (see PRECAUTIONS).
Pediatric Dosage Schedule
In children under 12 years of age, dosage should be adjusted in accordance with the age and weight of the child and the severity of the infection. Under 2 years of age, the dose may be divided between the two buttocks if necessary.
Streptococcal Infections (group A) pharyngitis
A single injection of 900,000 units for older children; l,200,000 units for adults.
Late Syphilis (tertiary and neurosyphilis)
3 million units at 7 day intervals for a total of 6–9 million units.
For rheumatic fever and glomerulonephritis.
Following an acute attack, penicillin G benzathine (parenteral) may be given in doses of 1,200,000 units once a month or 600,000 units every 2 weeks.
Parenteral drug products should be visually inspected for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.
- Isoject Permapen Side Effects
- Isoject Permapen Drug Interactions
- Beepen-VK (penicillin V potassium) tablets, oral solution dosage information
- Bicillin LA (penicillin G benzathine) injection, suspension dosage information
- Penicillin dosage information
- Penicillin consumer information
- Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) tablet dosage information
- Pfizerpen (penicillin G potassium) injection - powder, for solution dosage information
- Veetids (penicillin) consumer information