Generic name: chlorhexidine gluconate
Dosage form: oral rinse
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use PerioGard safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for PerioGard.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
PerioGard Oral Rinse therapy should be initiated directly following a dental prophylaxis. Patients using PerioGard Oral Rinse should be reevaluated and given a thorough prophylaxis at intervals no longer than six months. Recommended use is twice daily oral rinsing for 30 seconds, morning and evening after toothbrushing. Usual dosage is 1/2 fl. oz. ("15 mL" line on dosage cap) of undiluted PerioGard Oral Rinse. Patients should be instructed not to rinse with water or other mouthwashes, brush teeth, or eat immediately after using PerioGard Oral Rinse. PerioGard Oral Rinse is not intended for ingestion and should be expectorated after rinsing.
- Periogard Side Effects
- Chlorhexidine Topical dosage information
- Denti-Care Denti-Rinse (chlorhexidine gluconate) oral rinse dosage information
- Peridex (chlorhexidine gluconate) mouthwash dosage information
- Periochip (chlorhexidine gluconate) insert, extended release dosage information
- Scrub Care (chlorhexidine gluconate) topical solution dosage information