Generic name: neomycin sulfate, polymyxin b sulfate, and dexamethasone
Dosage form: ophthalmic ointment
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Neo-Poly-Dex safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Neo-Poly-Dex.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Apply a small amount into the conjunctival sac(s) up to three or four times daily, or may be used adjunctively with Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates and Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Suspension at bedtime.
How to apply Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates and Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Ointment:
1. Tilt your head back.
2. Place a finger on your cheek just under your eye and gently pull down until a "V" pocket is formed between your eyeball and your lower lid.
3. Place a small amount (about 1/2 inch) of Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfates and Dexamethasone Ophthalmic Ointment in the "V" pocket. Do not let the tip of the tube touch your eye.
4. Look downward before closing your eye.
Not more than 8 grams should be prescribed initially and the prescription should not be refilled without further evaluation as outlined in PRECAUTIONS above.
- Neo-Poly-Dex Side Effects
- Neo-Poly-Dex Drug Interactions
- Dexamethasone/Neomycin/Polymyxin B Ophthalmic dosage information
- Maxitrol Ophthalmic Ointment (neomycin sulfate, polymyxin b sulfate and dexamethasone) ophthalmic ointment dosage information
- Neo-Poly-Dex Eye Drops (neomycin sulfate, polymyxin b sulfate, and dexamethasone) ophthalmic suspension dosage information
- NPD Ophthalmic Ointment (neomycin sulfate, polymyxin b sulfate, and dexamethasone) ophthalmic ointment dosage information