MVI Adult Dosage
Generic name: Retinol, Ergocalciferol, alpha-tocopherol acetate, dl-, phytonadione, ascorbic acid, niacinamide, riboflavin phosphate sodium, thiamine, pyridoxine hydrochloride, dexpanthenol, biotin, folic acid and cyanocobalamin
Dosage form: injection
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use MVI Adult safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for MVI Adult.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
M.V.I. Adult is ready for immediate use in adults and children aged 11 years and above when added to intravenous infusion fluids.
Directions for Dual Vial
Dilute the contents of Vial 1 (5 mL) and the contents of Vial 2 (5 mL) in not less than 500 mL infusion fluid, both vials to be used for a single dose. The Vial 1 and Vial 2 container closures may be penetrated only one time, utilizing a suitable sterile transfer device or dispensing set, which allows measured distribution of the contents.
The withdrawal of container contents should be accomplished without delay. The solution should be administered within 4 hours after dilution.
Use of this product is restricted to a suitable work area, such as a laminar flow hood.
M.V.I. Adult should not be given as a direct, undiluted intravenous injection as it may give rise to dizziness, faintness, and possible tissue irritation.
Directions for Unit-Vial
Remove the protective plastic cap, turn the plunger- stopper 90° and press down firmly to force liquid in the upper chamber and the center seal into the lower compartment. Gently agitate to mix solution. Sterilize the rubber stopper in the usual manner and insert needle squarely through the center of the plunger-stopper until tip is just visible. Vial should be mixed just prior to use. Invert vial and withdraw a 10 mL dose in the usual manner. The mixed solution is ready for dilution in not less than 500 mL of infusion fluid. M.V.I. Adult should not be given as a direct, undiluted intravenous injection as it may give rise to dizziness, faintness, and possible tissue irritation.
For intravenous feeding, one daily dose of M.V.I. Adult (5 mL of Vial 1 plus 5 mL of Vial 2) added directly to not less than 500 mL, preferably 1,000 mL, of intravenous dextrose, saline or similar infusion solutions.
For intravenous feeding, one daily dose of M.V.I. Adult (10 mL) added directly to not less than 500 mL, preferably 1,000 mL, of intravenous dextrose, saline or similar infusion solutions.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.
After M.V.I. Adult is diluted in an intravenous infusion, the resulting solution is ready for immediate use. Some of the vitamins in this product, particularly A and D and riboflavin, are light sensitive, and exposure to light should be minimized.
Store at 2–8°C (36-46°F).
- MVI Adult Side Effects
- MVI Adult Drug Interactions
- Folplex (folic acid, cholecalciferol and pyridoxine hydrochloride) tablet, coated dosage information
- Infuvite Pediatric (ascorbic acid, vitamin a palmitate, cholecalciferol, thiamine hydrochloride, riboflavin 5'-phosphate sodium, pyridoxine hydrochloride, niacinamide, dexpanthenol, alpha-tocopherol acetate, phytonadione, folic acid, biotin and cyanocobal dosage information
- Nephrocaps (ascorbic acid, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, folic acid, cyanocobalamin, biotin and pantothenic acid) capsule, liquid filled dosage information
- Renal Caps (acid, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, niacinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, cyanocobalamin, biotin and calcium pantothenate) capsule, liquid filled dosage information