Generic name: ciclopirox
Dosage form: shampoo
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Loprox safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Loprox.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
LOPROX Shampoo is not for ophthalmic, oral, or intravaginal use.
Wet hair and apply approximately 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of LOPROX Shampoo to the scalp. Up to 2 teaspoons (10 mL) may be used for long hair. Lather and leave on hair and scalp for 3 minutes. A timer may be used. Avoid contact with eyes. Rinse off. Treatment should be repeated twice per week for 4 weeks, with a minimum of 3 days between applications.
If a patient with seborrheic dermatitis shows no clinical improvement after 4 weeks of treatment with LOPROX Shampoo, the diagnosis should be reviewed.
- Loprox Side Effects
- Ciclodan (ciclopirox) topical solution (nail lacquer) dosage information
- Ciclodan Cream (ciclopirox olamine) cream dosage information
- Ciclopirox Topical dosage information
- CNL8 (ciclopirox) nail lacquer dosage information
- Penlac (ciclopirox) nail lacquer dosage information
- Penlac (ciclopirox) consumer information