Klor-Con Powder Dosage
Generic name: potassium chloride
Dosage form: powder, for oral solution
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Klor-Con Powder safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Klor-Con Powder.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Dosage must be adjusted to the individual needs of each patient but is typically in the range of 20 mEq per day for the prevention of hypokalemia to 40-100 mEq per day or more for the treatment of potassium depletion.
The usual adult dose is 20-100 mEq of potassium per day (one KLOR-CON® 20 mEq packet 1 to 5 times daily after meals or one KLOR-CON® /25 25 mEq packet 1 to 4 times daily after meals).
The contents of each KLOR-CON® packet should be dissolved in at least 4 ounces of cold water or other beverage. The contents of each KLOR-CON® /25 packet should be dissolved in at least 5 ounces of cold water or other beverage. These preparations, like other potassium supplements, must be properly diluted to avoid the possibility of gastrointestinal irritation.
- Klor-Con Side Effects
- Klor-Con Drug Interactions
- Klor-con (potassium chloride) consumer information
- Epiklor (potassium chloride) powder, for oral solution dosage information
- K-Dur (potassium chloride) extended-release tablets dosage information
- K-dur (potassium chloride) consumer information
- K-Tab (potassium chloride) tablet, film coated, extended release dosage information
- Klor-Con (potassium chloride) tablet, film coated, extended release dosage information
- Klotrix (potassium chloride) tablets dosage information
- Micro-K (potassium chloride) capsule, extended release dosage information
- Potassium Chloride dosage information
- Potassium Chloride consumer information
- Slow-K (potassium chloride) extended-release tablets USP dosage information