Generic name: salicylic acid
Dosage form: topical gel
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Keralyt safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Keralyt.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION - The preferable method of use is to apply KERALYT GEL thoroughly to the affected area and occlude the area at night. Preferably, the skin should be hydrated for at least five minutes prior to application. The medication is washed off in the morning and if excessive drying and/or irritation is observed a bland cream or lotion may be applied. Once clearing is apparent, the occasional use of KERALYT GEL will usually maintain the remission. In those areas where occlusion is difficult or impossible, application may be made more frequently; hydration by wet packs or baths prior to application apparently enhances the effect. Unless hands are being treated, hands should be rinsed thoroughly after application. For use as a scalp treatment: KERALYT GEL should be applied directly to the affected areas of the scalp on a frequency directed by your physician. The applicator tip will provide accurate application, avoiding contact with normal hair or skin. The gel should be washed off after 10 to 20 minutes initially, but it can be left on for up to an hour as treatment progresses. The gel can be washed off using KERALYT SHAMPOO or warm water in a bath or shower.
- KeralytGel Side Effects
- KeralytGel Drug Interactions
- Aliclen Shampoo (salicylic acid) shampoo dosage information
- Durasal (salicylic acid) topical solution dosage information
- Keralyt Shampoo (salicylic acid) shampoo dosage information
- Salacyn Cream (salicylic acid) cream dosage information
- Salex (salicylic acid) cream, lotion, shampoo dosage information
- Salicylic Acid Topical dosage information
- Salitop Cream (salicylic acid) cream dosage information
- Salitop Lotion (salicylic acid) lotion dosage information
- Salkera Foam (salicylic acid) aerosol, foam dosage information
- Salvax (salicylic acid) topical foam dosage information