Isolyte S pH 7.4 Dosage
Generic name: sodium chloride, sodium gluconate, sodium acetate, potassium chloride, magnesium chloride, sodium phosphate, dibasic and potassium phosphate
Dosage form: injection, solution
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Isolyte S pH 7.4 safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Isolyte S pH 7.4.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
This solution is for intravenous use only.
Dosage is to be directed by a physician and is dependent upon age, weight, clinical condition of the patient and laboratory determinations. Frequent laboratory determinations and clinical evaluation are essential to monitor changes in blood glucose and electrolyte concentrations, and fluid and electrolyte balance during prolonged parenteral therapy.
Fluid administration should be based on calculated maintenance or replacement fluid requirements for each patient.
Isolyte® S pH 7.4 (Multi-Electrolyte Injection) may be admixed with solutions which contain phosphate or which have been supplemented with phosphate.
The presence of magnesium and phosphate ions in this solution should be considered when phosphate is present in the additive solution, in order to avoid precipitation.
Some additives may be incompatible. Consult with pharmacist. When introducing additives, use aseptic techniques. Mix thoroughly. Do not store.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.
- Isolyte S PH 7.4 Side Effects
- Extraneal (icodextrin, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, calcium chloride, magnesium chloride) peritoneal dialysis solution dosage information
- Isolyte S (dextrose, sodium chloride, sodium gluconate, sodium acetate, potassium chloride and magnesium chloride) injection, solution dosage information
- Normosol-R (sodium chloride, sodium acetate anhydrous, sodium gluconate, potassium chloride, and magnesium chloride) injection dosage information
- Plasma-Lyte 148 (sodium chloride, sodium gluconate, sodium acetate, potassium chloride and magnesium chloride) injection dosage information