HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Dosage
Generic name: peg-3350, sodium chloride, sodium bicarbonate and potassium chloride and bisacodyl
Dosage form: bowel prep kit
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use HalfLytely and Bisacodyl safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for HalfLytely and Bisacodyl.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablet Bowel Prep Kit oral dosage regimen for adults on the day prior to colonoscopy is as follows:
- No solid food or milk (clear liquids only) should be consumed on the day of the preparation.
- Take one 5 mg bisacodyl delayed-release tablet with water. Do NOT chew or crush the tablet.
- No antacids should be taken within one hour of taking the bisacodyl delayed-release tablet.
- Prepare the HalfLytely solution according to the instructions on the kit.
- Add flavor pack of choice (if applicable) to the 2 liter container.
- No additional ingredients (other than flavor packs provided) should be added to the solution.
- Prepare the HalfLytely solution by filling the container to the 2 liter mark with water. Cap the container. Shake to dissolve the powder.
- Wait for a bowel movement (or maximum of 6 hours) then drink the 2 liter HalfLytely solution at a rate of 8 ounces every 10 minutes. Drink all of the solution.
- If you have abdominal distention or discomfort, stop drinking the HalfLytely solution temporarily or drink each portion at longer intervals until your symptoms improve.
- Consume only clear liquids after taking the HalfLytely solution until your colonoscopy.
- HalfLytely (bisacodyl/polyethylene glycol 3350/potassium chloride/sodium bicarbonate/sodium chloride) consumer information
- HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Side Effects
- HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Drug Interactions
- Bisacodyl / Polyethylene Glycol 3350 / Potassium Chloride / Sodium Bicarbonate / Sodium Chloride dosage information