Generic name: zolpidem tartrate
Dosage form: sublingual tablets
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Edluar safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Edluar.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Dosage in Adults
Use the lowest effective dose for the patient. The recommended initial dose is 5 mg for women and either 5 or 10 mg for men, taken only once per night immediately before bedtime with at least 7-8 hours remaining before the planned time of awakening. If the 5 mg dose is not effective, the dose can be increased to 10 mg. In some patients, the higher morning blood levels following use of the 10 mg dose increase the risk of next day impairment of driving and other activities that require full alertness [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)]. The total dose of Edluar should not exceed 10 mg once daily immediately before bedtime.
The recommended initial doses for women and men are different because zolpidem clearance is lower in women.
Elderly or debilitated patients may be especially sensitive to the effects of zolpidem tartrate. Patients with hepatic insufficiency do not clear the drug as rapidly as normal subjects. The recommended dose of Edluar in both of these patient populations is 5 mg once daily immediately before bedtime [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1); Use in Specific Populations (8.5)].
Use with CNS Depressants
Dosage adjustment may be necessary when Edluar is combined with other CNS-depressant drugs because of the potentially additive effects [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
- Edluar Side Effects
- Edluar Drug Interactions
- Edluar (zolpidem) consumer information
- Ambien (zolpidem tartrate) tablet, film coated dosage information
- Ambien (zolpidem) consumer information
- Ambien CR (zolpidem tartrate) tablet, coated dosage information
- Intermezzo (zolpidem tartrate) sublingual tablet dosage information
- Intermezzo (zolpidem) consumer information
- Zolpidem dosage information
- Zolpidem consumer information
- Zolpimist (zolpidem tartrate) oral spray, metered dosage information
- ZolpiMist (zolpidem) consumer information