Generic name: minocycline hydrochloride
Dosage form: tablet
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Dynacin safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Dynacin.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
For Pediatric Patients Above 8 Years of Age
The usual dosage of minocycline hydrochloride tablets is 200 mg initially followed by 100 mg every 12 hours. Alternatively, if more frequent doses are preferred, two or four 50 mg tablets may be given initially followed by one 50 mg tablet four times daily.
Uncomplicated gonococcal infections other than urethritis and anorectal infections in men: 200 mg initially, followed by 100 mg every 12 hours for a minimum of four days, with post-therapy cultures within 2 to 3 days.
The pharmacokinetics of minocycline in patients with renal impairment (CLCR <80mL/min) have not been fully characterized. Current data are insufficient to determine if a dosage adjustment is warranted. The total daily dosage should not exceed 200 mg in 24 hours. However, due to the anti-anabolic effect of tetracyclines, BUN and creatinine should be monitored (see WARNINGS).
- Dynacin Side Effects
- Dynacin Drug Interactions
- Dynacin (minocycline hydrochloride) capsules dosage information
- Minocin Injection (minocycline hydrochloride) injection dosage information
- Minocycline dosage information
- Minocycline consumer information
- Solodyn (minocycline hydrochloride) tablet, film coated, extended release dosage information
- Solodyn (minocycline) consumer information
- Ximino Capsules (minocycline hydrochloride) capsule, extended release dosage information