Generic name: testosterone cypionate
Dosage form: injection, solution
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Depo-Testosterone safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Depo-Testosterone.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
DEPO-Testosterone Injection is for intramuscular use only.
It should not be given intravenously. Intramuscular injections should be given deep in the gluteal muscle.
The suggested dosage for DEPO-Testosterone Injection varies depending on the age, sex, and diagnosis of the individual patient. Dosage is adjusted according to the patient's response and the appearance of adverse reactions.
Various dosage regimens have been used to induce pubertal changes in hypogonadal males; some experts have advocated lower dosages initially, gradually increasing the dose as puberty progresses, with or without a decrease to maintenance levels. Other experts emphasize that higher dosages are needed to induce pubertal changes and lower dosages can be used for maintenance after puberty. The chronological and skeletal ages must be taken into consideration, both in determining the initial dose and in adjusting the dose.
For replacement in the hypogonadal male, 50–400 mg should be administered every two to four weeks.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. Warming and shaking the vial should redissolve any crystals that may have formed during storage at temperatures lower than recommended.
- Depo-Testosterone Side Effects
- Depo-Testosterone Drug Interactions
- Androderm (testosterone) patch dosage information
- AndroGel (testosterone) gel dosage information
- Androgel (testosterone) consumer information
- Axiron (testosterone) topical solution dosage information
- Axiron (testosterone) consumer information
- Bio-T-Gel (testosterone) consumer information
- Delatestryl (testosterone enanthate) injection, solution dosage information
- Fortesta (testosterone) consumer information
- Fortesta Gel (testosterone) topical gel, metered dosage information
- Striant (testosterone) buccal tablet dosage information
- Striant (testosterone) consumer information
- Testim (testosterone) gel dosage information
- Testopel (testosterone) subcutaneous pellet dosage information
- Testosterone dosage information
- Testosterone consumer information