Generic name: verapamil hydrochloride
Dosage form: tablet, extended release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Covera-HS safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Covera-HS.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
COVERA-HS should be administered once daily at bedtime. Clinical trials explored dose ranges between 180 mg and 540 mg given at bedtime and found effects to persist throughout the dosing interval.
COVERA-HS tablets should be swallowed whole and not chewed, broken, or crushed.
For both hypertension and angina, the dose of COVERA-HS should be individualized by titration. Initiate therapy with 180 mg of COVERA-HS.
If an adequate response is not obtained with 180 mg of COVERA-HS, the dose may be titrated upward in the following manner:
- 240 mg each evening
- 360 mg each evening (2 × 180 mg)
- 480 mg each evening (2 × 240 mg)
When COVERA-HS is administered at bedtime, office evaluation of blood pressure during morning and early afternoon hours is essentially a measure of peak effect. The usual evaluation of trough effect, which sometimes might be needed to evaluate the appropriateness of any given dose of COVERA-HS, would be just prior to bedtime.
- Covera-HS Side Effects
- Covera-HS Drug Interactions
- Calan (verapamil hydrochloride) tablet, film coated dosage information
- Calan SR (verapamil hydrochloride) tablet, film coated, extended release dosage information
- Isoptin SR (verapamil hydrochloride) tablets dosage information
- Verapamil dosage information
- Verapamil consumer information
- Verelan (verapamil hydrochloride) capsule, delayed release pellets dosage information
- Verelan PM (verapamil hydrochloride) capsule, extended release dosage information