Generic name: clobetasol propionate
Dosage form: topical spray
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Clobex safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Clobex.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
CLOBEX® Spray, 0.05% is for topical use only, and not for ophthalmic, oral or intravaginal use.
CLOBEX® Spray, 0.05% should be sprayed directly onto the affected skin areas twice daily and rubbed in gently and completely.
The total dosage should not exceed 50 g (59 mL or 2 fluid ounces) per week because of the potential for the drug to suppress the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Do not use more than 26 sprays per application or 52 sprays per day.
CLOBEX® Spray, 0.05% contains a topical corticosteroid; therefore treatment should be limited to 4 weeks. Therapy should be discontinued when control has been achieved. Treatment beyond 2 weeks should be limited to localized lesions of moderate to severe plaque psoriasis that have not sufficiently improved after the initial 2 weeks of treatment with CLOBEX® Spray, 0.05%. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, reassessment of diagnosis may be necessary. Before prescribing for more than 2 weeks, any additional benefits of extending treatment to 4 weeks should be weighed against the risk of HPA axis suppression.
Use in pediatric patients younger than 18 years is not recommended because of the potential for HPA axis suppression [see Use in Specific Populations (8.4)].
Unless directed by physician, CLOBEX® Spray, 0.05% should not be used with occlusive dressings.
- Clobex Side Effects
- Clobex Drug Interactions
- Clobetasol Topical dosage information
- Clobex Lotion (clobetasol propionate) lotion dosage information
- Clobex Shampoo (clobetasol propionate) shampoo dosage information
- Cormax (clobetasol propionate) ointment dosage information
- Cormax Cream (clobetasol propionate) cream dosage information
- Olux (clobetasol propionate) aerosol foam dosage information
- Olux-E (clobetasol propionate) aerosol, foam dosage information
- Temovate (clobetasol propionate) cream, ointment dosage information