Clobex Lotion Dosage
Generic name: clobetasol propionate
Dosage form: lotion
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Clobex Lotion safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Clobex Lotion.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
CLOBEX® Lotion, 0.05% should be applied to the affected skin areas twice daily and rubbed in gently and completely. (See INDICATIONS AND USAGE.)
CLOBEX® Lotion, 0.05% contains a super-high potent topical corticosteroid; therefore treatment should be limited to:
- 2 consecutive weeks for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses,
- and up to 2 additional weeks in very localized lesions of moderate to severe plaque psoriasis (no more than 10% body surface area) that have not sufficiently improved after the initial 2 weeks of treatment with CLOBEX® (clobetasol propionate) Lotion 0.05%.
The total dosage should not exceed 50 g (50 mL or 1.75 fl. oz.) per week because of the potential for the drug to suppress the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis.
Therapy should be discontinued when control has been achieved. If no improvement is seen within 2 weeks, reassessment of diagnosis may be necessary.
Use in pediatric patients younger than 18 years is not recommended because of numerically high rates of HPA axis suppression (See PRECAUTIONS: Pediatric Use).
Unless directed by physician, CLOBEX® Lotion, 0.05% should not be used with occlusive dressings.
- Clobex Side Effects
- Clobex Drug Interactions
- Clobetasol Topical dosage information
- Clobex (clobetasol propionate) topical spray dosage information
- Clobex Shampoo (clobetasol propionate) shampoo dosage information
- Cormax (clobetasol propionate) ointment dosage information
- Cormax Cream (clobetasol propionate) cream dosage information
- Olux (clobetasol propionate) aerosol foam dosage information
- Olux-E (clobetasol propionate) aerosol, foam dosage information
- Temovate (clobetasol propionate) cream, ointment dosage information