Generic name: clonidine hydrochloride
Dosage form: tablet
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Catapres safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Catapres.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Further increments of 0.1 mg per day may be made at weekly intervals if necessary until the desired response is achieved. Taking the larger portion of the oral daily dose at bedtime may minimize transient adjustment effects of dry mouth and drowsiness. The therapeutic doses most commonly employed have ranged from 0.2 mg to 0.6 mg per day given in divided doses. Studies have indicated that 2.4 mg is the maximum effective daily dose, but doses as high as this have rarely been employed.
- Catapres Side Effects
- Catapres Drug Interactions
- Catapres (clonidine) consumer information
- Catapres-TTS (clonidine) patch, extended release dosage information
- Clonidine dosage information
- Clonidine consumer information
- Kapvay (clonidine hydrochloride) tablet, extended release dosage information
- Kapvay (clonidine) consumer information
- Nexiclon XR (clonidine) tablet, extended release dosage information
- Nexiclon XR Suspension (clonidine) oral suspension, extended release dosage information