Generic name: diclofenac potassium
Dosage form: tablet, sugar coated
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Cataflam safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Cataflam.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Carefully consider the potential benefits and risks of Cataflam® (diclofenac potassium immediate-release tablets) and other treatment options before deciding to use Cataflam. Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals (see WARNINGS).
After observing the response to initial therapy with Cataflam, the dose and frequency should be adjusted to suit an individual patient’s needs.
For treatment of pain or primary dysmenorrhea the recommended dosage is 50 mg t.i.d. With experience, physicians may find that in some patients an initial dose of 100 mg of Cataflam, followed by 50-mg doses, will provide better relief.
For the relief of osteoarthritis the recommended dosage is 100-150 mg/day in divided doses, 50 mg b.i.d. or t.i.d.
For the relief of rheumatoid arthritis the recommended dosage is 150-200 mg/day in divided doses, 50 mg t.i.d. or q.i.d.
Different formulations of diclofenac [Voltaren® (diclofenac sodium enteric-coated tablets); Voltaren®-XR (diclofenac sodium extended-release tablets); Cataflam® (diclofenac potassium immediate-release tablets)] are not necessarily bioequivalent even if the milligram strength is the same.
- Cataflam Side Effects
- Cataflam Drug Interactions
- Cataflam (diclofenac) consumer information
- Cambia (diclofenac potassium) powder, for oral solution dosage information
- Cambia (diclofenac) consumer information
- Diclofenac dosage information
- Diclofenac consumer information
- Voltaren (diclofenac sodium) tablet, delayed release dosage information
- Voltaren (diclofenac) consumer information
- Voltaren XR (diclofenac sodium) tablet, film coated, extended release dosage information
- Zipsor (diclofenac potassium) capsule, liquid filled dosage information
- Zipsor (diclofenac) consumer information