Calan SR Dosage
Generic name: verapamil hydrochloride
Dosage form: tablet, film coated, extended release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Calan SR safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Calan SR.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The dose of CALAN SR should be individualized by titration and the drug should be administered with food. Initiate therapy with 180 mg of sustained-release verapamil HCl, CALAN SR, given in the morning. Lower initial doses of 120 mg a day may be warranted in patients who may have an increased response to verapamil (eg, the elderly or small people). Upward titration should be based on therapeutic efficacy and safety evaluated weekly and approximately 24 hours after the previous dose. The antihypertensive effects of CALAN SR are evident within the first week of therapy.
If adequate response is not obtained with 180 mg of CALAN SR, the dose may be titrated upward in the following manner:
- 240 mg each morning,
- 180 mg each morning plus
180 mg each evening; or
240 mg each morning plus
120 mg each evening,
- 240 mg every 12 hours.
When switching from immediate-release CALAN to CALAN SR, the total daily dose in milligrams may remain the same.
- Calan SR Side Effects
- Calan SR Drug Interactions
- Calan (verapamil hydrochloride) tablet, film coated dosage information
- Covera-HS (verapamil hydrochloride) tablet, extended release dosage information
- Isoptin SR (verapamil hydrochloride) tablets dosage information
- Verapamil dosage information
- Verapamil consumer information
- Verelan (verapamil hydrochloride) capsule, delayed release pellets dosage information
- Verelan PM (verapamil hydrochloride) capsule, extended release dosage information