Generic name: penicillin V potassium
Dosage form: tablets, oral solution
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Beepen-VK safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Beepen-VK.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The dosage of Beepen-VK (penicillin V potassium) should be determined according to the susceptibility of the causative organism and the severity of infection, and adjusted to the clinical response of the patient.
The usual dosage recommendations for adults and children 12 years and over are as follows:
Streptococcal Infections—mild to moderately severe—of the upper respiratory tract and including scarlet fever and erysipelas: 125 to 250 mg (200,000 to 400,000 units) every 6 to 8 hours for 10 days.
Pneumococcal Infections—mild to moderately severe—of the respiratory tract, including otitis media: 250 mg (400,000 units) every 6 hours until the patient has been afebrile for at least 2 days.
Staphylococcal Infections—mild infections of skin and soft tissue (culture and sensitivity tests should be performed): 250 mg (400,000 units) every 6 to 8 hours.
Fusospirochetosis (Vincent’s infection) of the oropharynx—mild to moderately severe infections: 250 mg (400,000 units) every 6 to 8 hours.
For prevention of recurrence following rheumatic fever and/or chorea: 125 mg (200,000 units) twice daily on a continuing basis.
- Beepen-VK Side Effects
- Beepen-VK Drug Interactions
- Bicillin LA (penicillin G benzathine) injection, suspension dosage information
- Penicillin dosage information
- Penicillin consumer information
- Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) tablet dosage information
- Permapen Isoject (penicillin G benzathine) Injectable Suspension 1,200,000 units dosage information
- Pfizerpen (penicillin G potassium) injection - powder, for solution dosage information
- Veetids (penicillin) consumer information