Generic name: epinephrine
Dosage form: injection
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Auvi-Q safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Auvi-Q.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Selection of the appropriate dosage strength (Auviâ€‘Q™ 0.3 mg or Auviâ€‘Q™ 0.15 mg) is determined according to patient body weight.
- Patients greater than or equal to 30 kg (approximately 66 pounds or more): Auviâ€‘Q™ 0.3 mg
- Patients 15 to 30 kg (33 pounds to 66 pounds): Auviâ€‘Q™ 0.15 mg
Inject Auviâ€‘Q™ intramuscularly or subcutaneously into the anterolateral aspect of the thigh, through clothing if necessary.
Each Auviâ€‘Q™ contains a single dose of epinephrine for single-use injection. Since the doses of epinephrine delivered from Auviâ€‘Q™ are fixed, consider using other forms of injectable epinephrine if doses lower than 0.15 mg are deemed necessary.
The prescriber should carefully assess each patient to determine the most appropriate dose of epinephrine, recognizing the life-threatening nature of the reactions for which this drug is indicated. With severe persistent anaphylaxis, repeat injections with an additional Auviâ€‘Q™ may be necessary. More than two sequential doses of epinephrine should only be administered under direct medical supervision [see WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS (5.1)].
The epinephrine solution in the viewing window of Auviâ€‘Q™ should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration. Epinephrine is light sensitive and should be stored in the outer case provided to protect it from light [see STORAGE AND HANDLING (16.2)].
- Auvi-Q Side Effects
- Auvi-Q Drug Interactions
- Auvi-Q (epinephrine) consumer information
- Adrenaclick (epinephrine) injection, auto-injector dosage information
- Epinephrine dosage information
- EpiPen (epinephrine) injection dosage information
- EpiPen (epinephrine) consumer information
- Primatene (epinephrine) inhalant dosage information
- Twinject Auto-Injector (epinephrine) injection dosage information