Augmentin ES-600 Dosage
Generic name: amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium
Dosage form: powder, for oral suspension
- Augmentin tablet, film coated
- Augmentin Chewable tablets, chewable and powder, for suspension
- Augmentin Oral Suspension powder, for oral suspension
- Augmentin XR tablet, film coated, extended release
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Augmentin ES-600 safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Augmentin ES-600.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
AUGMENTIN ES-600, 600 mg/5 mL, does not contain the same amount of clavulanic acid (as the potassium salt) as any of the other suspensions of AUGMENTIN. AUGMENTIN ES-600 contains 42.9 mg of clavulanic acid per 5 mL, whereas the 200 mg/5 mL suspension of AUGMENTIN contains 28.5 mg of clavulanic acid per 5 mL and the 400 mg/5 mL suspension contains 57 mg of clavulanic acid per 5 mL. Therefore, the 200 mg/5 mL and 400 mg/5 mL suspensions of AUGMENTIN should not be substituted for AUGMENTIN ES-600, as they are not interchangeable.
Pediatric patients 3 months and older
Based on the amoxicillin component (600 mg/5 mL), the recommended dose of AUGMENTIN ES-600 is 90 mg/kg/day divided every 12 hours, administered for 10 days (see chart below).
|Body Weight (kg)||Volume of AUGMENTIN ES-600 providing 90 mg/kg/day|
|8||3.0 mL twice daily|
|12||4.5 mL twice daily|
|16||6.0 mL twice daily|
|20||7.5 mL twice daily|
|24||9.0 mL twice daily|
|28||10.5 mL twice daily|
|32||12.0 mL twice daily|
|36||13.5 mL twice daily|
Pediatric patients weighing 40 kg and more
Experience with AUGMENTIN ES-600 (600 mg/5 mL formulation) in this group is not available.
Experience with AUGMENTIN ES-600 (600 mg/5 mL formulation) in adults is not available and adults who have difficulty swallowing should not be given AUGMENTIN ES-600 (600 mg/5 mL) in place of the 500-mg or 875-mg tablet of AUGMENTIN.
Hepatically impaired patients should be dosed with caution and hepatic function monitored at regular intervals. (See WARNINGS.)
Directions for Mixing Oral Suspension
Prepare a suspension at time of dispensing as follows: Tap bottle until all the powder flows freely. Add approximately 2/3 of the total amount of water for reconstitution (see table below) and shake vigorously to suspend powder. Add remainder of the water and again shake vigorously.
|AUGMENTIN ES-600 (600 mg/5 mL Suspension)|
Amount of WaterRequired for Reconstitution
|75 mL||70 mL|
|125 mL||110 mL|
|200 mL||180 mL|
Each teaspoonful (5 mL) will contain 600 mg amoxicillin as the trihydrate and 42.9 mg of clavulanic acid as the potassium salt.
NOTE: SHAKE ORAL SUSPENSION WELL BEFORE USING.
Information for the Pharmacist
For patients who wish to alter the taste of AUGMENTIN ES-600, immediately after reconstitution 1 drop of FLAVORx™ (apple, banana cream, bubble gum, cherry, or watermelon flavor) may be added for every 5 mL of AUGMENTIN ES-600. The resulting suspension is stable for 10 days under refrigeration. Other than the 5 flavors listed above, GlaxoSmithKline has not evaluated the stability of AUGMENTIN ES-600 when mixed with other flavors distributed by FLAVORx.
- Augmentin ES-600 Side Effects
- Augmentin ES-600 Drug Interactions
- Amoclan (amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium) oral suspension dosage information
- Amoxicillin and Clavulanate consumer information
- Amoxicillin/Clavulanate dosage information
- Augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium) tablet, film coated dosage information
- Augmentin (amoxicillin/clavulanate) consumer information
- Augmentin Chewable (amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium) tablets, chewable and powder, for suspension dosage information
- Augmentin Oral Suspension (amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium) powder, for oral suspension dosage information
- Augmentin XR (amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium) tablet, film coated, extended release dosage information