Generic name: fenofibrate
Dosage form: capsule
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Antara safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Antara.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Patients should be placed on an appropriate lipid-lowering diet before receiving Antara, and should continue this diet during treatment with Antara. Antara capsules may be taken without regard to meals.
For the treatment of adult patients with primary hypercholesterolemia or mixed hyperlipidemia, the initial dose of Antara is 130 mg per day.
For adult patients with hypertriglyceridemia, the initial dose is 43 to 130 mg per day. Dosage should be individualized according to patient response, and should be adjusted if necessary following repeat lipid determinations at 4 to 8 week intervals. The maximum dose is 130 mg per day.
Treatment with Antara should be initiated at a dose of 43 mg/day in patients having impaired renal function, and increased only after evaluation of the effects on renal function and lipid levels at this dose. In the elderly, the initial dose should likewise be limited to 43 mg/day.
Lipid levels should be monitored periodically and consideration should be given to reducing the dosage of Antara if lipid levels fall significantly below the targeted range.
- Antara Side Effects
- Antara Drug Interactions
- Fenofibrate dosage information
- Fenofibrate consumer information
- Fenoglide (fenofibrate) tablet dosage information
- Lipofen (fenofibrate) capsule dosage information
- Lofibra (fenofibrate) tablet, film coated dosage information
- Tricor (fenofibrate) tablet dosage information
- Tricor (fenofibrate) consumer information
- Triglide (fenofibrate) tablets dosage information